Festival shirt: Input requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
I'm looking for some feedback on festival shirt options. I'm changing shirt brands this year as the most recent years seemed to be cut smaller than in the past.

1. Standard, heavy-duty (i.e. thick and high quality) shirts that are similar to the previous years. 6.1 oz, 100% cotton

2. The "light, thin, & extremely soft" shirt that is popular now with retro type logos normally seen on them. To my knowledge, there has never been a metal festival shirt printed on these. 4.5 oz, cotton/poly blend

The cost would be the same. Aside from the material difference, the other factor is that the lighter one is not going to be a true midnight black for the graphics to pop against. It will be more of a faded black due to the nature of the material.

Personally, I love the thinner, softer shirts. They are just so much more comfortable. However, I do worry about the graphics not popping as much on them because of the color. I have no idea what the consensus is on these type of shirts so it is a bit risky at the moment as well.

Thoughts?

Personally, I prefer the standard ones. They've proven to be very fade resistant and they're a nice solid shirt that looks great even after 20-30 washings.

I don't post here very often, but came to say that my absolute favorite shirts are all the lighter-material variety. Would love to see the festival shirt in this material!

There has been a noticeable lack of quality metal shirts in recent years. It seems that the high quality t-shirts aren't offered by as many bands which is why I still wear the same tees from 10-15 years ago as opposed to the ones I've bought in recent years. They just don't seem to withstand time as well. Now with that said, the ProgPower tees have always been higher quality but the sizes have been a little small in recent years

I vote for the heavier one

for me in buying and keeping a shirt, specifically PPUSA shirts is the quality of the fabric. The thin lighter shirts have always worn out fast for me, I don't care for them. I really tend to buy more of the heavier fabric and have even past up tour shirts that are to thin.....

Bear

It's a tough call; the standard heavier shirts have been so reliable, but the softer option sounds so comfortable and maybe worth a shot.

I'm going to throw my vote in for the softer option, it sounds worth the attempt!

Lighter option, 100%. They keep their "form" better with time, as opposed to the heavier ones which tend to "shrink" easier than the light ones.

Not to mention, they look better too :)

for me in buying and keeping a shirt, specifically PPUSA shirts is the quality of the fabric. The thin lighter shirts have always worn out fast for me, I don't care for them. I really tend to buy more of the heavier fabric and have even past up tour shirts that are to thin.....

Bear

+1

Personally I love the softer material, but I totally get your concern about the artwork not "popping"...I also think that a lot of the, um, larger attendees (XXL, XXXL) will prefer the traditional heavier material

Not specific to the PP festival shirts, I just won't wear/buy the heavy shirts, even if the logo and artwork is fantastic. The material is just a deal-breaker for me. It's the first thing I check when I'm at a show and contemplating buying a tee.

I really like the shirts from the past 2 years, even though they're cut a bit small. I like the thinner shirts recently for comfort though, mostly, except on occasion where they're thin at the waist and really tend to highlight that I am a fat Fuck.

So as long as the the thin shirts you're considering aren't made exclusively for thin people like some of them are, I'm on board. Aesthetically the more recent shirts are, for me, a safer bet.

I like the heavier ones, personally, and the quality of the PPUSA shirts have been about the best I've ever owned. I wear my PPUSA shirts regularly, and they have held up great in the test of time, and washings, They still look great, even the PPUSA 1 & 2 ones....

Status
Not open for further replies.