Final point on what will be the guitar sound of my album

Mar 1, 2009
France
www.myspace.com
First, sorry for this long post!

I have everything, the best recording /mixing/hardware/software/finished songs.... I have to put a final point on what will be the guitare sound of my album. All the other instruments have there final shape/texture/tone/effects included bass/synths, but i will tweak a bit more the drums on SSD3.5 (I can't have a real player on this project). Vocals will be there after all other instruments will be recorded.

So, here is the situation:
-I have a Diezel Einstein that I love, it's a kind of vintage moderne sound, great to have a "Tool" kind of sound on quiet part, and have lot of character/soul. It's great for solo/overdub/effect sound because of its very special texture. I love it, but I can't get a decent modern metal tone with it. It impossible due to his vintage oriented voicing. But I want to keep it as a part of the sound of this project.
-Last week, I try all amps I could in all stores in town, and finally jump on really good deal for a 6505 that for me sound really like an unleashed Einstein, capable of that modern rythm metal sound that we all heard and love on so many cds. I tried Recto, but didn't found any Engl.
BUT...
I miss a Badass, more evil, more "full" bass sound. The 6505 is really punchy but not dark enough to my taste/ for the songs, that already have kinds of "happy" synth sounds. But I want to keep his punch and make the sound stronger/ more "evil" with another amp, to get the final sound. I went to avoid a "guitar hero" sound, and privilege the ambiance of the songs.

I have some options, that will depend of the feeling i want for my album...which I can't decide! And that's the end of my budget for my studio, I can only choose one more amp (happy to already have the two other sure!). My project is a mix of melodic metal mix with electro and drum'n'bass. I love In Flames, Dark tranquillity, Soilwork for the metal side, and Pendulum, Justice, Prodigy for the electro D'n'B side. Add a bit of Tools rythm/feeling in the quiet part and you have an idea of the project.

Here are the options:

-Add a Recto to supplement the peavey in the bass; more "american", "solid" sound, and will mix with the diezel like in Tool, so that may work well. But I have heard the Recto too much, and find it a bit "oldschool"... I find it a bit boring... but if it works...

-Add a Savage to supplement the peavey in the bass; more "Swedish", more "tight" and "solid" sound, more modern too me, but don't know if it will mix with the diezel and the peavey. Maybe too clean, it maybe sounds too much like the peavey, maybe a bit too much oriented to technical stuff.

-Add a Powerball to supplement the peavey in the bass; more "Swedish", more "tight" and "solid" sound, more modern too me, but don't know if it will mix with the diezel. More grainy, more "evil" than the Savage. More different to the peavey than the Savage, so it should mix better with the 6505.

-Ditch the peavey and only keep the Savage+diezel for the second amp on rythm part with a less saturated sound.... never heard this amp mix too...

-Or...other ideas?

..........o_O............

FUCK I'm tired to search THE sound!!!!!!

Which is your opinion? HELP I'm going crazy!:zombie::Smokin:

Thanks

ATM I only have an orange 1X12 with V30, planning to get a mesa 4X12 or maybe an Engl 4X12, depending of the final amp choice and the money! If I really run out of money for a cab, my brother own a vht fat bottom cab that I can try, but he lives in another town so it'll be the last choice.