Help me choosing an amp

Yes, you are right, now I'm between the Savage and the EVHIII unless another competitor give me a good boner. Mainly 95% for live purpose.

I need to try both by myself cause most of the clips I've listened to on YT are crappy sounding or played buy awful guitarists whose daddys bought them big amps to play in their bedroom. :mad: Sons of bitches!

If you give it a week I'm recording the Savage again this weekend :)

If you give it a week I'm recording the Savage again this weekend :)

facebook-like-buton.png

Fucking fuck!

I've been in 8 fucking stores 100 kms radius and no one has the fucking EVH5150 to try. WTF? Moreover most of the shop assistants are fucking retarded that don't know even what the fuck is a fucking amp.

Apart from Ola's vids, is there any site with good clips of this amp? (or others)

If you want send me a DI clip and I'll reamp it with the 5150III and the 5150.
And I can reamp it with any other amp that I have.
List is at my myspace page, link below.

That would be nice Eddyeuardo!
Here is a sample, not perfect played and don't know if it is really enough a good DI.
Only EVH5150III and the classic 5150 reamping just to give me an idea of the difference.

http://www.soulitude-web.com/temp/ROTDM_DI_sample.wav

Muito obrigado.

I have to do several reamps tomorrow so I'll include the DI in one of the sessions.

- Do you want to hear with the same settings on both amps?
- Do you want to hear it with TS or without? Or both ways? I think this one is easy to answer :D

The way you think they sound best, with TS would also be great. I trust in whatever you do, but hey, don't waste too much time on it. BTW, my cab is a Marshall 1960AV.

Brasileiro?

Not me, but Eduardo is portuguese.

Second hand Savage 120 + Flight case (front and back openings, no wheels) for the amp and 2 rack spaces + Footswitch = 1.420 € (I'd probably get it for a bit less).

Second hand Savage 120= 1.200 €

New EVHIII = 1.574 €

Finally I got the second hand Savage with FlighCase that includes 2 rack space (for my multifx) and Z10 footswitch.

It sounds like a roaring rocket from hell! It cuts perfect with the rest of the band thorugh my Marshall 1960AV and it is smoother than I had expected. yesterday I was comparing it to my old rig (Triaxis/2:90) and Savage won by far.
The preamp output to PC and impulses sounds like shit though.:(

Finally I didn't get the EVHII cause I couln't try any. But you guys made me think a lot about the EVHIII, and I'm sure I will get one as soon as I save some money.

Thank you for you help. You rule.