Finally I will come over to visit PP USA!

renejanssen

Apr 19, 2005
Baarlo, The Netherlands
www.progpower.eu
Hi,

Just to let you know, as the founder of ProgPower in Europe back in 1999 and still one of the organizers of the European edition, I finally will come over to visit PP USA. I really look forward to my trip and my wife and someone else of the PP Europe crew will join me.

It will be great to see my friends of WOLVERINE and HEAVEN'S CRY perform, but also looking forward to many of the other bands.

We will arrive on Thursday evening, we will skip the pre-party. We will leave on Monday, so I was wondering if you guys have some tips to do on Sunday. What do we have to visit in Atlanta as a 'tourist'? Any tips would be good, thanks in advance.

See you in September, really looking forward to this.

René Janssen
www.progpowereurope.com

So happy to hear this - looking forward to meeting y'all!

Here's a whole facebook photo album with Atlanta's attractions

Hope this helps!

~Jen

Rene, it will great to finally be able to meet you, since I didn't make it to the festival in 09. :)

You should have lunch at the Vortex in Midtown at least once while you're here. *nod*

Both of our major sports teams are playing out of town that weekend, so no real sports for you to observe on Sunday...

But lots of youth football to check out Saturday morning to wash away your hangover from Friday!

Both of our major sports teams are playing out of town that weekend, so no real sports for you to observe on Sunday...

But lots of youth football to check out Saturday morning to wash away your hangover from Friday!

LOL, Rene is European. There's plenty of good "football" where he comes from ;) :lol:

(sorry, couldn't resist)

LOL, Rene is European. There's plenty of good "football" where he comes from ;) :lol:

(sorry, couldn't resist)

Yeah - but watching 6-9yo kids bashing into each other playing "American Football" is a great hangover cure, i don't care where you are from!

An early Sunday Braves game would have been awesome - especially with the way they've been playing. Alas - they'll be thumping the Dodgers (again) that day.

Yeah - but watching 6-9yo kids bashing into each other playing "American Football" is a great hangover cure, i don't care where you are from!

An early Sunday Braves game would have been awesome - especially with the way they've been playing. Alas - they'll be thumping the Dodgers (again) that day.

When you put it that way... :lol::lol:

Thanks for the suggestions, the Aquarium sounds something we will visit. Too bad the major sports team are not playing home, would love to see a real Baseball or American Football game.

But most important is the festival and hanging around with all of you, really looking forward to our trip and have some beers with you all.

René

Hi Rene! Looking forward to meeting you after all these years:

Definitely the Georgia Aquarium, The Varsity (Famous Hotdog place close to venue), "Yeah Burger", one of the best Hamburger sandwiches around and then 1 or 100 beers from Sweet Water Brewing, available everywhere in Atlanta and brewed in Atlanta. Make sure you stop over at the Cd Inzane booth for a picture.

Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you. Whatever you end up doing, you are definitely going to have a kick-ass time!