Fire up your Delorans!!

I'll likely do another 2800 mile roundtrip tour to catch Maiden in LA again. Hopefully there will be a couple other shows along the way, so I hope to catch more than one gig.

I know we in the US lucked out when Maiden tagged along with Ozzfest, which meant they actually played a decent US tour. Hopefully, they'll do the same for this one, which means at least one show in each major region. Like EOG, I'm perplexed the band keeps skipping Atlanta since it's a major city and a major metal hotbed.

But, in defense of the band, Bruce has made it clear time and time again that he does not like the American concert venue seating arrangements. He's pretty much said he's fed up with seeing reserved seats in the front being sold for a premium to the kind of fans who just want to stand and observe instead of rock out. In other words, he's tired of fans like me. :lol:

Sorry Bruce! I'm just not the kind of guy who wants to (nor am I of the size to be able to) spend the entire gig dealing with overgrown bullies trying to squeeze me out of my spot!

Damn, does that mean we, as a proper tribute band, must get a plane too and have Aja learn to fly? :headbang:
Yup! Aja needs to be a world class fencer, too. But, I suppose being a world class samurai would suffice. :lol:

Let's see - Heather would need to spend her off-time fly fishing, Linda would need to be an avid golfer, and Steph would have to be a part time producer of family talent and hometown bands.

I know we in the US lucked out when Maiden tagged along with Ozzfest, which meant they actually played a decent US tour. Hopefully, they'll do the same for this one, which means at least one show in each major region. Like EOG, I'm perplexed the band keeps skipping Atlanta since it's a major city and a major metal hotbed.

But, in defense of the band, Bruce has made it clear time and time again that he does not like the American concert venue seating arrangements. He's pretty much said he's fed up with seeing reserved seats in the front being sold for a premium to the kind of fans who just want to stand and observe instead of rock out. In other words, he's tired of fans like me. :lol:

Sorry Bruce! I'm just not the kind of guy who wants to (nor am I of the size to be able to) spend the entire gig dealing with overgrown bullies trying to squeeze me out of my spot!

I feel very lucky to be living in so. cal. since they almost always come to that spot when they dip into the USA. I'm also surprised they haven't skipped so. cal. to hit a different spot, like Atlanta or even Aussie, but they haven't. Rod Smallwood made the comment (probably several times) that their decision on where to play is based on locations that will allow more fans to see their show than locations where there will be less fans. Well, Atlanta is no small city and I have no idea why they don't go back to Aussie more often. Nonetheless, I always felt Rod's comment wasn't a fair to the fans. Although it is true that they play to more fans, it's the same fans.

As far as Bruce's comment, I'd have to say I'm on his side with that. I love being in the front row and rocking out!!! Getting a true front row seat is practically impossible unless you know somebody. I've never had that luck. I don't even think money could get it for you. So, I like the open floor areas. True you sometimes have to deal with getting squished and dicks pushing you around, but if you are truely front row it is much easier to deal with that. I just stick my elbows out. I hope maiden sales presale tix to members of the Iron Maiden Fan Club (IMFC) again. Some of you out there got some damn f'n good seats last time. I think some got pit tix! I'm shootin myself in the foot here (but I want to see everybody on this board get the chance), but if you're not a member of the IMFC, sign up and buy them the minute they go onsale!

A proper US Tour:

New York, Miami, Chicago, Dallas or Houston, Denver or Salt Lake, Las Vegas, LA or San Diego, and Portland or Seattle.

That puts 8 shows in, with every show (more or less) within 2 states of the last one making it easy for folks to get to without spending a fortune, and covers most of the country :) And we know all those cities sell well.

This is fantastic news! :kickass: I love Rod's speech- what a setlist that will be....

Yup! Aja needs to be a world class fencer, too. But, I suppose being a world class samurai would suffice. :lol:

Let's see - Heather would need to spend her off-time fly fishing, Linda would need to be an avid golfer, and Steph would have to be a part time producer of family talent and hometown bands.

:lol::lol::lol: Can you imagine if we took our tribute THAT seriously?? But if we did - lucky Sara- doesn't Dave live in Hawaii?

..... In other words, he's tired of fans like me. :lol:

Yup, I've gotta agree with that. At my age, and with my lung disease I want a reserved space (seat) where I am assured a place to stand, cheer, and enjoy the show. I just can't fight for the front anymore.

A proper US Tour:

New York, Miami, Chicago, Dallas or Houston, Denver or Salt Lake, Las Vegas, LA or San Diego, and Portland or Seattle.

That puts 8 shows in, with every show (more or less) within 2 states of the last one making it easy for folks to get to without spending a fortune, and covers most of the country :) And we know all those cities sell well.

o_OOK,I'm trying to do the math here...:zombie:...eh,we have 50 states,Alaska and Hawaii doesn't count,because they're not continental states :Smug: so this leaves 48 states...:erk:mm-hmm...so if they playing 8 shows,it means every sixth state will be lucky to have them for a night!:ill:

Alright,all I'm trying to say there's way more than 8 major US cities,so it can't be a proper tour this way! If you double the amount to 16,then maybe it will be OK.But of course that would be too much - they're not 21 anymore - and we don't want them to die under the pressure of heavy touring! :heh:

In an historic first, Iron Maiden, their 60-strong crew and support staff and over 12 tons of equipment will be travelling around the world en masse for the first leg of the tour in a specially commissioned and converted Astraeus Boeing 757 decorated with Maiden and Eddie designs! Vocalist Bruce Dickinson, who is a qualified Airline Captain flying for Astraeus Airlines, will pilot the plane on its epic mission, flying over 50,000 miles.

I would think this would be worse for the people lugging the gear, because instead of simply putting it on a truck to be driven right to the next venue, they have to put it on a truck to the airport, then put it on the plane, and then put it on another truck to the next venue.

I would think this would be worse for the people lugging the gear, because instead of simply putting it on a truck to be driven right to the next venue, they have to put it on a truck to the airport, then put it on the plane, and then put it on another truck to the next venue.

Oh,the poor crew! If some of them thinks it's overwhelming,just tell me where should I apply for the job!:Smug:

I understand that,but what they did on the DoD tour,pissed me off so much.The whole U.S. DOES NOT means 2 cities! In the last few years they seemed to be touring only on the northern,and the southwestern part of the country,and completely ignored the southeastern part.Come on...Nicko lives somewhere in Florida,there's huge cities over there,like Tampa,Miami,Orlando,and what was the last time they played there? Then there's Memphis,St.Louis,New Orleans,Richmond,Charlotte,and Charleston,all of them are major big cities with well over a million people,and what was the last time they played there? And the most painful part for me is Atlanta! The 5th biggest city in the whole country,population is over 5 millions,and what was the last time they played there???

I'm sorry,I love Maiden,but I'm not gonna travel 1000 miles to see them,just because they think 10000 sold tickets for 1 night is not enough for them.They're not young enough to do a proper US tour? I didn't say they should play in every little town,but GODDAMIT,places like Atlanta or Miami is NOT towns!!! Is this a part of the "Oh,we are Iron Maiden,we respect our fans!" philosophy? Idiots who throws shit on the stage,lives everywhere,not just here! Beer and ice cube incidents happened with them in major european cities,or in South America,they still went back there to play,if it happens here,suddenly America became the antichrist for them??!! Ridiculous!

And last,but not least...I know it happened a long time ago,but then again: The EGGFEST was as much as Bruce's fault as it was Sharon's! Yeah,I know Sharon Osbourne is a bitch but so is Bruce Dickinson,and two bitches at the same place can't go along.I know it was very immature and ridiculously low from Sharon to handle the situation like this,and I certainly hated the way how her acted,but on the other hand,I'm moderate enough to understand her motivations.

Well I think the first people to complain should be South America and Australia don't you think? This is the first time Maiden's been down there since Fear Of The Dark. South America hardly get any shows too cos it's so hard for the band and crew to get in (so I've heard). No point ranting at me, I'm just trying to see it from the band's point of view. It's not them personally that book the shows, that's management. I feel bad that you guys don't get to see them as often as me for example, but that's not my fault. (I agree about the Ozzfest thing, Bruce can run his mouth off but she took it out on the fans.)

Yup, I've gotta agree with that. At my age, and with my lung disease I want a reserved space (seat) where I am assured a place to stand, cheer, and enjoy the show. I just can't fight for the front anymore.
True, but you have one ace up your sleeve a lot of us don't have - you can claim a reserved spot in a general admission show because of your "handicapped" status for having COPD. If you're not making the best of a bad thing by taking advantage of it for good things, you should be! :p

Hopefully Maiden will play somewhere near us and we can meet up again. :kickass:

They're going to come up here to Detroit for sure, and I am going to go, come hell or high water.

And I want that poster! That takes the Powerslave poster to the next level for sure!

I dunno,what do you mean?:cry:Whyyyyyyyyyy?????????:cry:I've learned a lot from Mr.Bing!:heh:

(Btw,I wasn't ranting on you,or anyone else,of course I know it's not your fault! If someone deserves to be rant on,it would be Rod Smallwood!)

Ahhh, Mr Bing! Never a hit with the ladies but he was always my favourite cos he was so funny!! :lol:

It's cool duder, I know it must be frustrating. :erk: