EvileOL

Ol Drake
May 18, 2005
UK
www.twitter.com
http://www.metal-mayhem.co.uk/reviews/evile.html

143.jpg

Evile - Enter the Grave

One of the most eagerly awaited albums I can recall in a long time, the UK's own Evile are finally ready with their debut "Enter the Grave" produced by non other than Flemming Rasmussen (Metallica).

After extensive touring and two critically acclaimed demo's "All Hallows Eve" and "Hell", they were quickly and rightfully so, snapped up by Earache. On their debut, we are treated to the re-workings of a few demo tracks, as well as 6 brand new numbers. There are three from the "Hell" Demo ("Enter the Grave", "We Who Are About to Die" and "Thrasher") and just "Killer From The Deep" from their first Demo, all beefed up and unbelievably tighter. After all the attention they have been getting lately, they really had a lot to live up to, and boy, they not only meet that expectation, they exceed it with flying colours.

Along with SSS and Municipal Waste, Evile are one of the big three Thrashers on the Earache label, but they are without doubt the best and the most exciting band of the three. I would even go as far as saying that they are the most exciting band in the UK at the moment. Hints of Slayer, hints of Exodus and hints of Testament! I was expecting goods things after hearing the demos, but I have to say how shocked I am at just how good this album really is.

Rasmussen has done a hell of a job with the production, everything you would expect from a man who produced three classic Metallica albums. Sure, it may not be groundbreaking stuff, but if you're into Thrash then I cannot stress how much you need this album. This is classic, Bay Area nostalgic Thrash, and Thrash at its finest! and best of all its by four young lads from the UK! Oh how proud I am to be British!

Chris Rogers of Metal Mayhem UK

Rating: 10/10

I'm not too impressed with the album, probably because there isn't much new on it. Might still buy it anyway

Umm... How would you know unless you downloaded it?

Did anyone see the interview in Kerrang where they interviewed Ben Drake?

In a metal scene polluted with Hardcore/emo, its very good to see old school thrash kick that shits ass, thrash is surely alive and well once again. Its good to see a new band like Evile carry on the burning thrashflame of this awesome form of metal.

The new album so far... The couple songs I heard thrash with attitude, the production is sounding fucking great, very wise choice for a producer Id say( I was wondering what happened to Flemming R.) soI m looking forward to picking up the debut...thrash till death.

He might buy it anyway!?! not that I support downloading the whole album by anyone, but he did and wasn't as "impressed", at least he's honest. That's too bad, he should listen to it a few more times, maybe he'll change his mind

Better yet go check them out live, 'cause they will slaughter you live ;)

He might buy it anyway!?! not that I support downloading the whole album by anyone, but he did and wasn't as "impressed", at least he's honest. That's too bad, he should listen to it a few more times, maybe he'll change his mind

Better yet go check them out live, 'cause they will slaughter you live ;)

I've actually seen Evile 4 times now. I love their live shows, hopefully seeing them at both Joe's Well shows.