For those wondering about the lt edition cd's...

Colonial Boy

Havenless
Apr 18, 2003
Portsmouth, UK
Visit site
For collection sake I got the MAYH ltd edition "tin" thing:

Front of it
hggbcd1.jpg

Crappy reverse sticker on the back
gfthcd2.jpg

Lovely sticker and the cheapest cd art known to man
kjhucd3.jpg

No booklet provided (lucky i've got the original). The cd actually looks like a burnt copy its so bad :erk: Lucky it still sounds amazing :cool: DO NOT GET THIS IF YOU DONT HAVE THE ORIGINAL.

I just got My Arms, Your Hearse as a collectable. I was actually happy that they are the reissues though! I have the original My Arms that I got in 1998 so that was cool. The no booklet thing does suck, but I guess there's no way they could have included it. The one thing that does piss me off is that they aren't numbered. How do I really know they only made 2000...

must be terrible when Epilogue fades out and Circle Of Tyrants begins... ;) I mean it's a concept album, so why spoil it with crappy bonus tracks?

I like metal CD boxes though... ;)

When you have the originals is there really any point in buying all these reissues and limited editions?? Fair enough, get the reissues if you want to pay £14 for a couple of "bonus" tracks, but when I saw the tins in the shops I thought "Hmm, where else shall I spend my money?"

Now I see how they look inside (about as good a job that was done with the vinyls :/), I'm glad I went and spent my money on something more worthwhile...

Well, some mailorder company around 5 minutes from me sent me a flyer advertising selling a set of the first three albums in tins for around $30. I think I just may take them up on this offer, since these are the only Opeth albums I don't have.

Should I do this? It's a good deal. As much as I like the booklets, I won't care much about not having them. Plus, bonus tracks are only a plus in my book...if I really get upset about them coming at the end, I can just set up my CD player to just play all the other tracks.

Is the sound quality equal to or better than the originals? If so, I think I'm going for it.