Found 50GB of free storage for your sessions...

I stumbled upon this today and I figured some of you guys might find it useful. Forgive me if this has already been shared like crazy and I'm just behind... :loco:

It's a cloud based back-up and sharing service for Pro Tools and other DAWs like Cubase called Gobbler and apparently Steven Slate uses it (care to chime in, dude?) and it offers an initial 50GB of FREE storage.

It's currently in beta, but it provides way more space than drop box and is catered towards storing audio sessions and what not. It seems pretty easy.

Has anyone else used it before? Thoughts!

Anyways...Check it out! It's a referral link, but it's still useful. Help a brother out if you're going to use it anyways!

I just wanted to point out to everyone it's a referral link, since the original post had no mention of it. I see your edit.

I have no problem with Gobbler, one of my articles was used in their recent newsletter.

I like the idea, I don't know if I'm going to use it myself.
I have my own website with unlimited storage, but of course backup isn't automatic. I'm also on a very strict budget, I can't afford a monthly charge to keep an online backup.

It's different from Dropbox, not really an alternative. I use dropbox regularly but not for backup. It's Mac only. Not sure if you can get a public link for files like mp3s to post here.

If you use this for your backup, that will quickly eat up all your monthly bandwidth allowance. Something to consider.

You can share it with other people, it's not just a "link." Apparently it helps out with collaboration in terms of easy transfer, but I haven't messed with that yet.

I also still don't see why it's necessary to point out. It gives it a bad connotation right off the bat when you do that...it's not a bad service by any means.

Hey guys !
Sorry for the shameless thread hijack !

Im at number 6 on the Gobbler referral leader board and stand a chance of winning a magical prize :)
If you dont have a gobbler account already go sign up for one now using this link,

http://www.gobbler.com/i/YxYCa-w

I get a referral point and if you make sure you sign up now before the 27th you get 50GB or space, after the 27th new signups will only get 25GB,
Even though the Windows version isnt out yet its worth getting you account now just to grab the extra free space !

I have no problem with Gobbler, one of my articles was used in their recent newsletter.
19.entment.gif
44553433@N00.jpg

You're quoting me but I don't get what you're trying to say here.