Free Raw Samples of my Kit

Chris Lucas

I DON'T BELIEVE IN MAGIC
Dec 4, 2006
www.chrislucasproductions.com
Ok, so I wanted to release these with the song we recorded during the same session, but I've been locked up with professional/school projects, so I decided to release them separate for everyone :D.

Here are the details:
Samples are in WAV and TCI format. They are 44.1/24 bit, although the original recordings were done at 192/32 floating. If I do processed samples, they will be higher sample rate.

Here's the setup:

The samples that are included are:

Direct/Room/OH for each tom, each with 5 multi-samples per velocity (hard/medium/soft).

5 Hard Kick Hits with three different microphones: A 52 inside, a 91 inside, and a SubKick outside.

Two snares, a Pearl Reference snare, and my custom Stainless Steel "Gumby" Snare.

Each snare has 4 velocities (rimshot/hard/medium/soft), and each snare has 5 different microphones, a 57 top, a beta 57 top, a 421 bottom, overheads, and rooms.

I decided not to release the Black Beauty samples because they ended up sounding bleh, and there's already 1000 BB samples out there.

All samples are time aligned to each other, so all the rooms/OHs will line up with their respective drum.

There's no demo video for them yet, since these are unprocessed, but as I release more songs/videos I'll make sure to show when I use them and how I did it.

DL Link here: http://goo.gl/g2cnF

Also check out and like my Facebook if you get a chance! www.facebook.com/chrislucasproductions

Tell me what you think guys, can't wait to see if these are useful!
If people dig these samples, I'll released a pay for processed pack using a ton of fun analog gear. I just wish my drum room was better!:popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really feeling the snare! Thanks, Trying out some Xperimentals just started but got a good snare sound so far -Slate With replaced Snare

Last edited by a moderator: