Freedom Call to release 'Beyond' on February 24:th, 2014

Cronopio

Glorious Imperator
Oct 16, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden
www.cronopio.se
More than stoked for this. Judging by the song titles they're going "back to the roots", as opposed to 'Land of the Crimson Dawn' which, although a good album, had a little too many cock rock songs for my liking.

2qk2m8y.jpg

Track listing:

01. Union Of The Strong
02. Knights Of Taragon
03. Heart Of A Warrior
04. Come On Home
05. Beyond
06. Among The Shadows
07. Edge Of The Ocean
08. Journey Into Wonderland
09. In The Rhythm Of Light
10. Dance Off The Devil
11. Paladin
12. Follow Your Heart
13. Colours Of Freedom
14. Beyond Eternity

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/freedom-call-beyond-cover-artwork-track-listing-revealed/

Your thoughts?

Just adding a little more info :)

FREEDOM CALL - NEW STUDIO ALBUM BEYOND OUT ON FEBRUARY 24:
The German melodic metal band Freedom Call are scheduled to release their latest studio album, Beyond, on February 24 (Germany: 21 February 2014; USA: 4 March 2014). The album will be released as a limited box set version incl. bonus CD, book and poster, as a 2LP gatefold coloured vinyl version incl. bonus tracks, a digi version and download.
Tracklisting: - Limited Box set Edition - CD Digi: 1. Union Of The Strong 5:02 2. Knights Of Taragon 4:44 3. Heart Of A Warrior 3:13 4. Come On Home 4:03 5. Beyond 7:49 6. Among The Shadows 3:45 7. Edge Of The Ocean 3:37 8. Journey Into Wonderland 3:59 9. In The Rhythm Of Light 4:03 10. Dance Off The Devil 3:45 11. Paladin 4:09 12. Follow Your Heart 3:51 13. Colours Of Freedom 4:15 14. Beyond Eternity 3:03.
Bonus CD in cardboard sleeve: Freedom Call - Live in the Black Forest 1. Back into the Land of Light - Live 05:42 2. Hero on Video – Live 03:55 3. Rockstars – Live 05:03 4. Farewell – Live 05:25 5. Mr. Evil - Special Version Live 05:13 6. Power & Glory – Live 03:32.
Freedom Call - Unplugged & Masqueraded 7. Freedom Call – unplugged 05:39 8. The Quest – unplugged 08:25 9. Warriors – unplugged 04:30 10. Power & Glory – unplugged 03:41 11. Farewell- unplugged 04:51 12. Mr.Evil - Reggae - live 04:17 13. Rockin' Radio - Killerbilly -live 04:27.

Beyond was recorded by the current line-up featuring Chris Bay, Lars Rettkowitz (guitar), Ilker Ersin (bass) and Ramy Ali (drums) at the Separate Sound Studio in Nuremberg and Freedom Call's own studio. The album was produced by Chris Bay and Stephan Ernst.
WebLinks: www.freedom-call.net / www.spv.de.

xx

This does look encouraging. I know it's predictable and samey but I come to Freedom Call for those cheesy uplifting power metal songs! I didn't enjoy that dabble with hard rock...songs about radio and rockstars :/

But this album looks like a return to form!

I've tried to really dig FC before but they're the epitome of generic power metal imo... lots of good songs but they just can't seem to stand out enough for me. This is definitely better than the last music video they released though!

This album absolutely rocks! So catchy and full of classic style fc songs! It's much more along the lines of Circle of life and Eternity. I was waiting for more of the pop rock stuff like rockin radio, but each song surprised me by being classic epic fc style!

I know nobody will agree but I think the best Freedom Call album is "The Circle of Life"

The only thing that album really did wrong was open with a slow song, and shove all of the fast songs to the middle and back of the album. Also, I think that using a title that was the same as a Disney song put a lot of people off. And Rhythm of Life is a crap song. But apart from all that, Circle of Life is a perfectly good album.