Gig in Finland (Helsinki)

Man, I want to see Evergrey so fucking bad, you guys are lucky. I missed out the chance to see them with Throwdown and In Flames and thus far have not been near as lucky. TOM, JARI, HENRIK, RIKARD, JONAS, PLEASE COME TO SOUTH FLORIDA, I BEG OF YOU FROM YOUR BIGGEST FAN IN THE US! Good to see you posting as well, pollution. ;D

So does anyone of you Finnish guys (vespiz, pollution ?) admit being the guy who kept licking Tom's shoe at Tampere for first half an hour or so? That was so weird to watch :lol:.

Vespiz: I do believe I briefly said hi to you last night, at the lobby when the EG guys were around, you were probably too happy to get to chat some with them to remember me hehe. BTW they did play a song from the first album too, Blackened Dawn.

Oh yeah! Hi! :D

The Helsinki gig was great! It was even better than in Tampere, mostly because there was a very good crowd there and the band was (getting) drunk! :D

Oof.. my neck hurts.. :headbang:

So does anyone of you Finnish guys (vespiz, pollution ?) admit being the guy who kept licking Tom's shoe at Tampere for first half an hour or so? That was so weird to watch :lol:.

I'll admit nothing :saint:

Our singer tried to shake hands with Henrik at the intro to Touch of Blessing. Which was funny because he was busy playing! ("I thought the intro was play-back!")

Here is the setlist for Evergrey's gigs in Finland in March 2008:

- intro
1. Blinded
2. End Of Your Days
3. More Than Ever
4. She Speaks To The Dead
5. As I Lie Here Bleeding
6. Rulers Of The Mind
7. Monday Morning Apocalypse
8. I’m Sorry
9. Still In The Water
10. Fear
11. Nosferatu
12. Mark Of The Triangle
--------
13. Recreation Day
14. A Touch Of Blessing
15. The Masterplan
(posted by KooL in Imperiumi.net forums!!)
:worship: x 666

+ pretty short (thank god for that!) drum, guitar and synth solos, plus Jari's try for a bass solo :rolleyes:

In Helsinki, alcohol seemed to taste to guys, but it didn't affect to playing (except maybe in a positive way, hehe... Well Henrik missed two notes in his guitar solo, duh). It was humorous speaks and magnificent songs and performances that made this one special gig! Thanks guys! And I met the guys, got the signatures on a promo picture, but didn't have much time to speak to 'em. Sadly I didn't take any cd cover with me! Damn!
Anyways, unforgottable gig. Totally awesome!!!

Hehe definitely not me, I was right behind the guy though. I agree it was very amusing to watch, funny first but it got old pretty fast so no wonder Tom reacted on it at some point too by doing a little kick-in-the-air move towards him :)

The Helsinki gig was great! It was even better than in Tampere, mostly because there was a very good crowd there and the band was (getting) drunk! :D
Yup, the Helsinki one was even better in every way, totally awesome really! Everyone I talked to about it after the gig too were more than happy with it. Being a big Nightingale fan I was REALLY pleased to see them too, Dan Swanö proved he can pull of the great clean vocals live too!

They played When the Walls Go Down in Helsinki at the start of the encore, but not in Tampere. Other than that, the setlist was the same.
Yeah this was a great addition to the set, I'm sure I wasn't the only one getting the chills from it. In fact they did have it in the original setlist for Tampere too but it got canned since the other guys didn't have anywhere to go hide during most of it (with backstage at Klubi being nowhere near or accessible from the stage and not even on the same floor of the building) - and maybe they were too thirsty too? :lol:

(btw I dunno how I imagined the other day that they would have played Blackened Dawn in Tampere since they didn't, must have been because I was watching the live DVD that morning and the song was stuck in my head hehe)

IMG_6653.jpg

Newbie here and kinda offtopic-ish but what model of Line 6 PODs are Henrik and TOM using? X3 Live or the older XT Live?

Hella fine gig it was, and the guitar tone was crushing! Care to share presets Tom/Henrik? :p

edit: I'm there with my gf and bro in the pic BTW. Second row, black cap, in front of Tom. Damn I look stoned lol

Oh cool, at least it's still a Caparison. But he should have asked for a black one! Black "Les Paul"'s look awesomem dont you think?

It's a Caparison Angelus, probably HGS Custom since there's only one knob. Angelus models don't have nothing to do with 'Les Paul' design wise except it is THICK!

Very nice guitar, I'd like one someday...