Give me some Doom and Gothic band-tips!

Heavy M

Ex Primoris...
Jul 27, 2002
Stockholm, Sweden
heavym.cjb.net
Im starting to realy enjoy stuff like Paradise Lost, Candlemass and My Dying Bride. Could you give me some tips of simular bands?
And if you are into Gothic, give me some Gothic tips too :)

Thank you

Godgory :D just listen (no description) get "Resurrection"

eeeehhhh... Gothic Metal.... the kind with women wailing or beautiful and atmosphere creating, dark music?

Originally posted by AngelWitch73
CATHEDRAL,

YES. CATHEDRAL IS A GREAT BAND. GET THEM NOW!!!

also (doom):
Electric Wizard (doom or stoner?? don't know, but they are a mix of both)
Cemetary (more a doom-death band)
MELVINS (well, they are slow and heavy like doom)
Trouble (very, very, very good doom band)
Saint Vitus

gothic:
Type O Negative (they are gothic, to an extent)
Moonspell (get their first album, Wolfheart)
Christian Death

Try these even:

ROTTING CHRIST,LACUNA COIL,TYPE O NEGATIVE,THEATRE OF TRAGEDY,TRISTANIA,AVRIGUS,DEAD CAN DANCE,THIRD AND THE MORTAL,ELYSIAN FIELDS,SLEEP,CROWBAR,THORRS HAMMAR,SAMAEL,BURNNING WITCH,GOATSNAKE,ELECTRIC WIZARD,KAHNATE,CHALICE,FIELDS OF THE NIEPHELIM,CHURCH OF MISERY,EYEHATEGOD,PENTAGRAM,DANZIG,MISFITS,NIN,TEETH OF LIONS RULE THE DIVINE

To name but a few.

Type O Negative: All their albums, but mostly "Bloody kisses", "October rust" & "World coming down". My favorite band!
The 3rd and the Mortal "Tears laid in earth"
Theatre of Tragedy "S/T" & "Velvet darkness they fear". The rest is indifferent IMO.

This was all gothic stuff.

I guess the guy wanted some good tips :p
but yes, with napalm recs, a male cannot go wrong when it comes to "gothic metal", vampires and women :devil:

Yes chapter IIIs there best i think. really they were that bad:eek: ?
yes, really. it might be they had an extremely bad day, and also you can always blame the sound-technicians :lol: but all other 3 bands had a very good sound....
Agathodaimon played many songs from chapter III, so I knew how the songs were supposed to sound like, and none really did sound so :s the clean vocals were totally fucked up, which was a great disappointment especially in "Past Shadows" :cry: and also the guitarwork was not well recognizable :s all remarkable passages were fucked up, like for instance in "An Angel's Funeral" (you know: the catchy melody-line that is there from the beginning). the only 2 things that seemed to really work were the drums :headbang: and the keyboard (I guess you cannot do much wrong there... :p ). "Tongue Of Thorns" was good at the beginning, but turned into another desaster :cry: all in all, I can only hope this was a bad day they had, otherwise I'd have to recommend them only as studio-band