GMD Poll: Katatonia's Discography Ranked

When will we do Lamb of God? :)
tenor.gif

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Brave Murder Day (1996)
Dance of December Souls (1993)
------- I actually prefer the change of voice, even gayer though, but the music quality diminished -------
Discouraged Ones (1998)
Tonight's Decision (1999)
Last Fair Deal Gone Down (2001)
Viva Emptiness (2003)

1999 & 2001 was like picking between syphilis & gonorrhea, so...

Last edited:
Viva Emptiness
Night is the New Day
Brave Murder Day
Last Fair Deal Gone Down
Tonights Decision
Dead End Kings
Dance of December Souls
Discouraged Ones
o.png

all of his lists are just somebody else's in a different order lol. yours in the discogs poll thread, slammed in the 2010 thread, J. in this thread, etc

edit: his votes got counted in the slough feg thread too haha damn

Dont get me wrong, i dont think lists form people who arent regulars here should be counted anyway. But are they supposed to be in the same order in this thread? Lol. I picked some obvious choices in the poll thread but yeah the 2010 thread is definitely fishy. Maybe its Slammed's alt? He's not one of the brighter dudes on this forum so i wouldnt be surprised that he listed the same 10 bands in different order lol.

EDIT: *Shouldnt be counted

Last edited:
i get what you're saying re: this thread, but it has the same three albums missing as J.'s list so even here it's pretty fishy. i'll have a look for more examples tomorrow 'cause i think he's posted other lists in the past

he also has all these weird like 2 word posts on random threads lol, it's like he's a spambot or something

Overall, I had total buyer's remorse doing this discography. I had never really dived in to anything other than the first two. I had heard a few of their other albums years ago, but did not remember them. I knew they went in a more depressive alt rock direction, but I didn't realize how bland their style was.

Side note: Does anyone know why they had Mikael do vocals on Brave Murder Day?
1. Brave Murder Day
2. Dance of December Souls
3. The Fall of Hearts
4. Last Fair Deal Gone Down
5. Viva Emptiness
6. The Great Cold Distance
7. City Burials
8. Night is the New Day
9. Discouraged Ones
10. Tonight’s Decision
11. Dead End Kings

The Ozzman's List:
Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 9.00.06 AM.png

i mean, jonas and mikael are good buddies and mikael produced a lot of their earlier work as well as doing backing vocals 'n shit. katatonia also basically jerked off over opeth their whole careers and continually took influences from them, so

Reactions: crimsonfloyd
still haven't really listened to their last couple of albums, but the third song on 'night is the new day' iirc is just a shameless damnation clone lol

i thought mikael did vocals because the kata dude strained his voice. but that might be one of those myths. i could also be mixing up bands here.