GMD Poll: Top Ten Albums of 2009

So far, like 90% of my top 10 has made the list so far. This list is definitely the most surprising list. Yet, i'm deeply unnerved that something as fucking terrible as Endgame made the cut.

Probably not as fast as they'd leave if I put a track from Sunbather or Genevieve on. The latter would probably just send them all to sleep actually :p.

In all seriousness, I don't know what you have against Beherit. I'm not the biggest fan of the band myself, and I don't consider DDtM to be a classic. Engram is legitimately good though.

2) Black Future by Vektor
An undead galactic master sleeps within a subspatial realm...

a1734403304_10.jpg

"If Vektor - Black Future is not at the top of your list (or on it at all) you should be questioning yourself as a metalhead." - @Baroque

"Black Future's "originality" and songwriting skills are being questioned? :lol: That album can pound for pound stand up to some of the best thrash albums of the 80's and early 90's. ... no album has got more rotation in my cd players in the last couple years." - @TechnicalBarbarity

"yeah dude. Black Future is insanely good, and pretty damn unique for a thrash album." - @VelociBrad

"Shit was AIDS" - @Master_Yoda77

Chosen by:

Baroque (#1)
TechnicalBarbarity (#1)
RedinTheSky (#1)
zerostatic (#1)
rms (#1)
Talos of Atmora (#1)
HamburgerBoy (#2)
EspaDa (#3)
Vegard Pompey (#4)
Sirjack (#7)
crimsonfloyd (#8)
-CyanideChrist- (#9)
Atomic Tide (n/a)

TOTAL: 98.5 POINTS

1)
Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm by The Chasm
So far from home, but this is the place...

a0319970943_16.jpg

"I used to be ambivalent towards Farseeing and I still kinda am but lately I've been feeling that the closer is one of the best songs they ever wrote. First couple minutes after the intro are absolutely spine-chilling, the most mournful, defeatist thing in a discography of mournful, defeatist things. TIMELESS... MONOLITHS OF HATE!!" - @Vegard Pompey

"This forum turned me on to the Chasm when I first joined. At the time I had never heard anything form them outside of a few tracks here and there. So I went and downloaded a few of their albums and thought "meh they're alright" ... but it wasn't until I bought Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm that they just fucking clicked with me ... then I went back and masturbated to most of their older stuff." - @TechnicalBarbarity

"I tried to fuck the girl after having my dick sucked for most of the duration of Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm, but that's when I went soft. It was like "nope, done". I didn't even get to fuck her. I was disappointed." - @The Butt

"Sounds similar to my experiences with sex." - @Master_Yoda77

Chosen by:
Phylactery (#1)
no country for old wainds (#1)
Slayed Necros (#1)
Vegard Pompey (#1)
Mort Divine (#1)
Krow (#1)
The Ozzman (#3)
Master_Yoda77 (#3)
TechnicalBarbarity (#4)
Anom@nder Rake (#4)
Onder (#5)
Talos of Atmora (#5)
EspaDa (#6)
RedinTheSky (#6)
tagradh (#8)

TOTAL: 115 POINTS

What is everyone's favourite track on The Voice of Steel? It's the title track for me. The other tracks have high points as well, but none are as consistently great as the title track imo.

Title track is great, but I love "My Dream Islands"; that one has a killer Pink Floyd vibe.

"The new While Heaven Wept album totally slays. It's heavy, epic, and at times a bit doomy (although far more power metal-influenced). Definitely a must though for fans of the genre, and probably one of the best albums of last year (in my opinion)." - @Einherjar86

Every time I read this quote, it sounds like a fucking parody of something I'd say.

I'm glad you quoted me for The Chasm. I don't usually have a way with words when it comes to music but I'm quite happy with that blurb.

Probably not as fast as they'd leave if I put a track from Sunbather or Genevieve on. The latter would probably just send them all to sleep actually :p.

In all seriousness, I don't know what you have against Beherit. I'm not the biggest fan of the band myself, and I don't consider DDtM to be a classic. Engram is legitimately good though.

What I have against them is that they suck. DDTM is garbage. Terribly written, performed, and produced music that lacks consonance or vision. A bargain bin CD that has become hyped by plebs over the years. Enegram isn't terrible, it's just a mediocre, run-of-the-mill black metal album.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
It's interesting to me that there is very little overlap between people who listed Chasm and people who listed Vektor, despite both those albums being the obvious #1-2 from the get-go.

Reactions: HamburgerBoy
Are you going to throw a hissy fit over a difference of a single rank, between two albums you both like?