4. Mogwai - Come on Die Young
5. The Lillingtons - Death by Television
6. Brant Bjork - Jalamanta
7. Kool Keith - Black Elvis - Lost in Space
8. Primus - Antipop
9. Fantomas - Fantomas
10. The Herbaliser - Very Mercenary

Reactions: jimmy101 and CiG
We had a bunch of ties for 10th place, but luckily, by applying the new tiebreaker system, I was able to eliminate all the stuff that had just one #1 vote. So it's only two albums now:

#10 Tori Amos - To Venus and Back
(10 Points)

tori_amos.jpg
Genre(s):
Art Pop, Alternative Rock

Piano Rock, Electronic, Trip Hop

Those who voted:
@dwellerINTHEdark #6
@Burkhard #6

#10 Jill Tracy - Diabolical Streak
(10 Points)

jill_tracy.jpg
Genre(s):
Dark Cabaret, Singer/Songwriter

Dark Jazz

But alas, for no adult alternative wench would hold up to the crazy bitch antics of Jill Tracy.

Those who voted:
@dwellerINTHEdark #7
@Serjeant Grumbles #5

#9 Suicidal Tendencies - Freedumb
(11.5 Points)

suicidal_tendencies.png
Genre(s):
Hardcore Punk

Crossover Thrash

What do people think of the new Suicidal? I mean, from Freedumb onwards. When I first heard Freedumb, I thought it was pretty much the closest we'll hear Suicidal at their roots. They pulled it off but retaining a sound that was modern.
I know my dad has bought many a metal CD at a low price on eBay/Amazon, to decide that they sucked and that the bands were obviously worthy of no further attention (this is what happens when your second and third Suicidal Tendencies albums are Freedumb and Suicidal For Life). It's also common to get bogged down with really mediocre releases when buying in lots.
Yeah, not the most metal group, oh well.

I love this band. They're pretty original and have their own style, play with tons of attitude. Skilled musicians, solos from every instrument (That are good too :D ). Admittedly, a lot of their lyrical themes are a little on the immature side, but a lot of them are still pretty cool. Good band to get pumped up to for things like lifting weights or skateboarding. Personally I don't know of many bands that just get me headbanging as easily as these guys. No other band makes me want to just go outside and get myself exhausted from doing anything physical I can think of like this band does. Thoughts? :D

Those who voted:
@jimmy101 N/A
@challenge_everything #5

#8 Misfits - Famous Monsters
(12 Points)

misfits.jpg
Genre(s):
Horror Punk

Hardcore Punk, Heavy Metal

(I am probably going to get murdered for this)
Michale Graves is just as good as Glenn Danzig.
Don't worry, I hate Jerry Only as much as the next guy.
Agreed. Famous Monsters is my favourite Misfits album.
I also liked the American Psycho/Famous Monsters albums. I mean hell, Michael said so himself he's not trying to duplicate Glenn's vocals and that'd it be something new and he was right.

That and I was first introduced to Misfits via Famous Monsters, so I wasn't a purist from the 80's pissed off at its re-encarnation. But yes, I find Michaels vocals very smooth and really joined both those albums.
The Misfits broke up in 1983, who is this Graves you speak of? :confused:
I dont know if you are being sarcastic, so if you are, excuse me-

but if you really don't know. The Misfits got back together in like 1995 with just the original bass player and some horrible singer named Michael Graves. So essentially, they just have the name.

Those who voted:
@dwellerINTHEdark #1
@challenge_everything #9

Reactions: dwellerINTHEdark
#7 Tom Waits - Mule Variations
(12 Points)

tom_waits.jpg
Genre(s):
Singer/Songwriter, Blues Rock

Experimental Rock, Alt-Country, Americana, Country Blues

Tom Waits is, in my opinion, one of the best singer-songwriters around today. A few albums of his that I like would be Mule Variations and Blood Money.
Yay Tom Waits, might have to bust out Mule Variations soon.

Those who voted:
@Oblivious Maximus #1
@dwellerINTHEdark #10
@challenge_everything #10

#6 Eminem - The Slim Shady LP
(12.5 Points)

eminem.jpg
Genre(s):
Hardcore Hip Hop

Horrorcore, Comedy Rap

Eminem ist krieg
oh and early Eminem (Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers LP) is excellent
The Eminem show has some of his best songs on it, it's just not very consistent. These are his other good releases.

The Slim Shady LP
The Marshall Mathers LP
Infinite
Encore
Raw and uncut

D12 - Devils night (Some good songs)

I don't like his newer stuff.
Eminem is nothing more than an Afro Saxon. He sucks.

Those who voted:
@dwellerINTHEdark #4
@jimmy101 N/A

#5 MF Doom - Operation Doomsday
(14.5 Points)

mf_doom.jpg
Genre(s):
East Coast Hip Hop, Abstract Hip Hop

Turntablism, Experimental Hip Hop

MF Doom > all other rap
^^^^^^^^^^^ nice job... ghostface and MF doom both kick ass

glad to see someone else who enjoys hip hop :kickass: :kickass:
MF Doom is ultimate tho.
I like some rap, not the new crap, but old stuff like MF Doom, Public Enemy, and Illogic.

Those who voted:
@CiG #2
@jimmy101 N/A

Reactions: CiG
#4 Garmarna - Vedergällningen
(16 Points)

garmarna.jpg
Genre(s):
Folk Rock, Nordic Folk Rock

Swedish Folk Music

Faun
Garmarna
Wardruna

This stuff sounds way better to me than the classic rock I used to listen to. It's also way better than folk metal and Blackmore's Night.
One of my favourite Folk-influenced bands. I'm glad they are finally back with a new album.

Those who voted:
@Serjeant Grumbles #4
@Burkhard @2

#3 Anathema - Judgement
(19 Points)

anathema.jpg
Genre(s):
Alternative Rock

Progressive Rock

Judgement is my favourite Anathema album too,closely followed by Eternity,Judgement is unbelievably good :kickass:
One Last Goodbye is the most beautiful song , charged with so much emotions .
This album is a gem .
this is a great album, whatever people say about anathema.
Yes, I'm looking forward to it. I own every Anathema album bar Judgement.
such a dull, artistically bankrupt band, in all their incarnations.

Those who voted:
@Serjeant Grumbles #2
@challenge_everything #1

#2 Mr. Bungle - California
(22.5 Points)

mr-bungle.png
Genre(s):
Experimental Rock, Art Rock

Surf Rock, Doo-Wop, Pop Rock, Avant-Garde Metal, Baroque Pop, Vocal Surf

California was a suitable final album, but was a bit too light-hearted and relaxing to be of quite the same caliber of their S/T.
Just listened to Mr Bungle - California. I'd almost forgotten how awesome this album is.
Oh, Mike Patton. I love Mike Patton. Mr. Bungle is excellent. I've got Disco Volante & California, and I like California the best.

Mike Patton is a genious.
Mr. Bungle - The Air-Conditioned Nightmare

After a year of owning it, 'California' is still one of my all-time favorite albums.
Mr Bungle had 3 major label albums, they are all 100% different. The s/t is mostly funk metal with a lot of ska and weird ambient moments. Disco Volante is very avant garde and jazzy, very experimental. The vocals are mostly noises and the songs aren't really songs... more like soundscapes. Some of the songs are jokes too, like After School Special and Everyone I Went to High School with is Dead.
California is a fusion of old styles of pop like the Beach Boys and even funk at times. It flows the best, but it's also the most easily digestible and easiest to get bored of. All three are excellent albums... but the s/t or California are the best.
I like California the best. It's the first one I heard and was really freaked out when I heard it. I thought it was too weird. Then after subsequent listens it grew on me and I love it. I then purchased the other two but still like California the most.

Those who voted:
@Satanstoenail #3
@jimmy101 N/A
@Terasophe #2

Reactions: Satanstoenail
#1 Dr. Dooom - First Come, First Served
(25.5 Points)

dr_dooom.jpg
Genre(s):
Hardcore Hip Hop, Horrorcore

Abstract Hip Hop

Also Dr Octagon, Dr Dooom, and Lovage are great Dan the Automator projects.
Also I like a lot of rap, Atmosphere, Jurassic 5, Kool Keith stuff, Del stuff, Tribe Called Quest, Public Enemy, and so on.

Those who voted:
@CiG #1
@jimmy101 N/A
@Satanstoenail #1