Gojira - Oroborus - Mix and master

RSN89

New Metal Member
Mar 28, 2011
Hello all,

Im trying to get a solid mix and master of a cover I'm doing of Gojira to sound like the original from The Way of All Flesh. Would appreciate some fresh ears and feedback!

Its only a snippet as i'm yet to record the rest ha!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guitars are very good to my ears but the drums sound very boxy. :( Maybe it's the room that needs some highs and a some mid scoop.

Great song. Any chance for the raw tracks? I'm going to do a Gojira Cover myself. :D :kickass:

yeah i see what you mean, had a little more of a play with them, brought the overheads up a bit and followed you advice on the room eq.

Stem wise -once I've actually finished recording it i will get the stems up on here for you pal.

which track are you doing? My aim is to do the whole of the Way Of All Flesh at some point!

Last edited by a moderator:
The room is way better now but since you cleaned the room the floor toms are too bouncy for my taste (personal taste!!!!). Maybe try to gate them and cut at around 130-150hz. Or you bossted them a bit too much, I don't know. :D

I'm going to record The Axe or The Gift of Guilt. I already recorded Liquid Fire but can't find the stems :(:(:(:( . :) Can't wait for your final mix.

But at least I found the rough mix....guess I have to rerecord it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wsi6f4w8s1oiusw/Liquid Fire rough mix.mp3?dl=0

Yeah i agree with the toms, far too bouncy! I appreciate the honest feedback!

Guitars sound good on your mix the drums just lack that power and clarity, i actually sampled the kick from Mouth of Kala..if you want it let me know (unless its forbidden :D)

As it says ROGH MIX!!!! Just gain staged, no EQ's or anything. So please no judgement. ;) As soon as I get the chance to rerecord it, i will post the full mix and the stems.