Good RTAS multiband comp

NickL

I'm not here.
Jan 31, 2007
Illinois
I'm in the market for one and I want to explore some other than c4. Has anyone tried the sonalksis or wavearts multibands?

I'm gonna be trying the WaveArts one soon, it's a 30 day fully-operational demo. And on a random note, I've been having a lot of fun with that Panorama plug they make.

mcdsp mc4 is godlike, i prefer to c4 by...ooooooh a lot, way less of a cpu hog, no latency to have to sort out... lovely

mcdsp mc4 is godlike, i prefer to c4 by...ooooooh a lot, way less of a cpu hog, no latency to have to sort out... lovely
Ooooo thanks I've totally forgotten about mcdsp.

and Aaron, I totally missed the fact that they have a demo. I'll check it out as well.

hi, i've tried the waves arts and the sonalksis stuff (the CQ1). I wasn't satisfied with the WA, not usable, but the CQ1 was very transparent and could apply some very strong compression. Great for mastering. I'm interessed to know how you guies do you use multiband compression?

A little off-topic, but since we're talking about Sonalksis... Their TBK2 has a clipping stage, which is described "Clipping of transient signals to enhance and excite top end energy". Has anyone tried this plug-in for the purpose of clipping your snare off prior to mastering?