gorguts?

SLAYER85

Old School Youngin
Mar 10, 2002
north carolina
Visit site
anyone heard these dudes? what kind of music is it? i was gonna pick up the double cd that roadrunner put out, but i wanted to at least know what the fuck it was before i spent money on it

SLAYER85 said:
anyone heard these dudes? what kind of music is it? i was gonna pick up the double cd that roadrunner put out, but i wanted to at least know what the fuck it was before i spent money on it

Essential death metal listening up untill "Obscura"...

Technical death metal of the highest calibre. Their two first albums are similar to the works of Suffocation and other NYDM bands.

Ivan the terrible said:
Essential death metal listening up untill "Obscura"...

What's bad about From Hate to Wisdom?

Indeed, I prefer it to Obscura. Oh and definitely check Gorguts out, they're one of the best DM bands out there, but don't expect to be won over immediately. Their albums can be pretty daunting on first listen, Obscura in particular is very extreme and unusual.

First two albums are excellent brutal death. Third album Obscura is an amazingly unique, weird and technical album. There fourth album From wisdom to hate is equally stunning, and is a combination of there original brutal style from there first two ablums and the highly techincal style from Obscura. Bacically there one kick ass death metal band.

Obscura is the best album in metal.

Everything that they've done is highly reccomended.

They are one of my favorite bands. Especially their newer stuff; its very experimental and very good. Definetely get it.

Arrakis said:
are they and other canadian metal bands popular or at least well known in the metal community elsewhere in the world? cause they aren't here, and i reallly wish that wasn't the case.
...Have you never heard of Cryptopsy, Martyr, Kataklysm, or Woods of Ypres?

(Not that I think that any of those bands except for Martyr are any good; and even in Martyr's case, good but not great.)

Edit- forgot about Blasphemy, who were pretty good.

Cynical said:
...Have you never heard of Cryptopsy, Martyr, Kataklysm, or Woods of Ypres?

(Not that I think that any of those bands except for Martyr are any good; and even in Martyr's case, good but not great.)

Edit- forgot about Blasphemy, who were pretty good.

yea of course man. i live in canada.

I've seen Cryptopsy 4 times, Dave Gold from Woods of Ypres drums in my band. And yea i know em well heh.

Arrakis said:
yea of course man. i live in canada.

I've seen Cryptopsy 4 times, Dave Gold from Woods of Ypres drums in my band. And yea i know em well heh.
Then why did you have to ask the question?

I asked because no one knows there ARE metal bands here. Other than the metal fans of course. We are few compared to the rest of the music scene here. I just wanted to know if Canada's bands are well established elsewhere in the world, as they aren't here.

And Demilich, if you like the demo, you'll love what you'll hear next year.