Grand Morbid Resurrection 2018

I guess you are talking about Nick? Peters growl is far from flat, he is still probably the best growler with most range out there today. Mickes growl is fucking done, did anyone see the latest dvd-trailers? He sounds fucking horrible, they should hire another guy to do growls live so that Micke can focus on cleans. But I guess he is too damn proud for that.

Reactions: Belac
Akerfeldt sucks now and its the saddest part. Such a beast around 2005...

Havent heard anything from Peter in ages but his growls never grew on me. Maybe he changed and im uneducated

Black metal shrieks. Nope, fuck this. If demons sounded like this Id worhsip fucking angels. Proper high growl is high but at the same time "low", shouldnt sound like someone grabbing you by the balls and you shriek in pain.

He do darker growls too, see video below. Most of the album Virus is darker, and A Taste Of Extreme Divinity has more of it too compared to the latest I think.
But yeah, often BM shriek and some variation, I fucking love it though because I think there is still some kind of depth to the shriek in some weird way. And the variation makes the albums and songs hold the test of time really good.

(I attended this gig btw, one of the best I have seen, amazing sound.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Belac
Peter's dynamic range is way beyond most growlers. I always appreciated the way he was able to combine high and low vocals in such a violently different but also seamless way.

Reactions: nizzon
Okay, he can go from high to low, but for me it sounds like 2 different people.

Also picked a live version to demonstrate. Mikael constantly goes from high to low but you can tell the voice belongs to the same person. And as I said earlier, his growls are constantly varying, sounding somewhat natural. Most of the growlers have their basic growl and they uste them 80% of the time and it's getting monotonous. Akerfeldts always sounds different, probably this raspiness does the trick.
Not gonna lie I am biggest fanboy of his growls and I tried a lot to find his technique, I believe I was on a right track, but then I stopped practicing and now I also sound like shit.

Reactions: DarkGift
I cant listen to anything live now, he's butchering it. And I can clearly hear that his high growl is still clinging there, barely alive, but he refuses to use it and goes with this garbage low shit. It hurts.

I would've been happy enough if Mikael had ever recorded this one single growl: youtu.be/St6lJaiHYIc?t=1673

Talking bout Spotify, listened to new Bloodbath on it, wow, the quality sucks, and I dont think its spotify's fault, its just poorly produced.

Two spins, its not doing much for me. Chainsaw Lullaby rocks but thats about it. Most riffs disappear in the muddy mix and drums are really low, if it was less boomy and more clear maybe some riffs and songs would grow, but I doubt this will.
I turned on TFM and UTP and it puts this to shame.