GREEN CARNATION - The Acoustic Verses

Soulcollector

Jun 21, 2005
rapidshare.de
As above so below, these are the acoustic verses of these norwegian avant-garde hard rock monsters commanded by the former Emperor/In The Woods Tchort. This album sounds truly acoustic, really unplugged (except for one or two elements; I don’t know whether it’s true or false… it is about the way I think it was done). In these 43 minutes of pure atmosphere you can find symphonic elements (such as some strings involved in this opus) giving Green Carnation’s music a brand new perspective to their music, as it is represented in “Alone” (in a very epic version, full of classical arrangements) and in “Child’s Play Pt. III” (with an over the top awesome piano theme).

This album shows a very mature Green Carnation, in the top of their career and unfolding a very grand display of natural talent mixed with elegance and harmony. This seven tracks album makes us realize that we can expect the unexpected. This is an intimate release, full of environmental context as demonstrated in “9-29-045”, their 15 minutes masterpiece and full of new sounds getting their music richer everyday as heard on “The Burden Is Mine… Alone!”

You can check more about their career and their music at: www.greencarnation.no

Download their track “Alone” at this URL: http://media.theendrecords.com/GreenCarnation_AcousticVerses_Alone.mp3

I liked the track "alone", i haven't heard the rest of the album yet...I loved "Light of Day...", but I really couldn't stomach their last album, so I'd like to hear the rest of this album for sure...