Guitar/Bass/Recording Process

Anomalous

Feb 10, 2010
I am curious about what gear you guys used on W4.. things like strings, pedals, amps. I really like the sound.

On an unrelated topic I love vids of bands in the recording process.. like in the studio and such. Might be cool to consider for future projects or throwing stuff up on youtube etc.

My set up on W4:

Guitars: I used my white 'UNREST' SG-3 (seen here, and up for sale: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...ing-my-winter-white-unrest-gibson-sg-3-w.html) on all heavy and clean guitar parts.

Amp:Marshall Mode 4

Effects:Various delay pedals on a few clean guitar parts

That's it for me! The other will post about their gear.

I usually shoot a lot of video wherever I go, and will continue to do so in the future and during future recording processes. However, I decided not to shoot any video while recording W4, plainly because it was too stressful already, in terms of the pressure of deadlines and the quality of performances we wanted. I decided to leave the camera at home and go into the studio totally focused...or at least with as few distractions as possible. I am who I am, after all. :)

W5 (scheduled to be recorded in summer 2011) will likely all be captured on video. The writing process, the rehearsals, the recording, and everything in between.

In the meantime, check out all the stuff we do already have on youtube: www.youtube.com/DavidYpres

Thanks for listening! + Please spread the word, eh!

David Gold - \w/

Hey thanks I really appreciate the reply!!
I dabble in the home recording stuff a bit so I really dig the little extras you've included there.
W4 sounds incredible by the way. The stuff you write about feels real and genuine.
Beginning of retrosleep reminds me of devin townsend and he is a god.
What do you string your unrest with?

Gear for leads was my White Krasenko guitar called the 'Kat'
Amp was a 5150 2X12 Combo Amp
wah used was a Digitech expression factory.
Outside of that it was Me and the guitar no other raw effects.
All tuned to C#