Guitar Fretboard Care??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2008
Yea Sorry about this but i know alot of people will get upse about me not posting this in the guitar players forums but id like a good steady line of methods,

well ive got my ESP sawtooth,been playing it daily for the past few months and have only changed the strigns once,the day i got the guitar the fretboard was awesome and glossy and very shiny but now it has the marks of where your finger has been in between the strings,ive tried some dunlop 65 cleaner and left it for some time but it doesnt remove the marks nor get the shine back ive searchedforums on how to restore and maintain an ebony fretboard,...dont get me wrong i always keep my guitar inside its case with dehumidifyers and use DR string...something after i play the guitar to protect the strings so the rust doesnt affect the wood,like ive said ive searched alot of forums and they all talk about lemon oil from this and there and OOOO or OOO steel wool polishing this that im just wondering how it would affect my guitar,it has cost me a bomb and i would never just do those sorta things after hearing that some solvents can make your frets become loosen and your bindings come off,cost doesnt matter of the types of cleaning products so jsut shoot it out

All Im Asking Is What Would Be The Best Care Methods to carry out for an ebony fretboard with raletively large inlays,so id just need the types of stuff used and ways of doing the applicationThanks Alot:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Try a musician's forum, guitar player thread, or something that has to do with music.

But I mean, of COURSE, someone who's never touched a guitar before will know how to take care of a fretboard :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:.

Status
Not open for further replies.