HammerFall vs. Dream Evil

Which band is better?

• HammerFall

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Dream Evil

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters
What album did you hear?
I have Threshold, Glory To The Brave, and Crimson Thunder. Threshold absolutely sucks, it has every problem you mentioned. Glory To The Brave is tits and Crimson Thunder fucking owns. On Crimson Thunder his voice is very strong, the guitars are muscular and the riffs are heavy, and the chanting is fucking intense. Check out the song Hearts On Fire; cheesy power metal at it's best.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL9mlqbG5CU&feature=related[/ame]
(Video is with the swedish women's curling team)

Dream Evil have Fredrik Nordstrom, who is an awesome dude as a producer (IF, DT, Opeth, fuckton of other awesome bands) but as a musician perhaps not so hot.
On the other hand, Hammerfall in their early days featured Jesper Stromblad, Glenn Lungstrom (think I spelled that right), and other members of IF, DT, and other awesome bands from the area.

Cythraul always insult power metal no matter were you post it I ike Hammerfall more never could get into Dream Evil though I think they have some good solos

Hammerfall though quite laughable are essentially a serious band, whereas Dream Evil while being a completely professional band are very tongue in cheek in their delivery, however not in a caustic way(3 inches of blood type bullshit) but in a more celebratory sense

Hammerfall though quite laughable are essentially a serious band, whereas Dream Evil while being a completely professional band are very tongue in cheek in their delivery, however not in a caustic way(3 inches of blood type bullshit) but in a more celebratory sense

I must disagree, if you've seen the DVDs or the interviews Hammerfall is only serious in the performing part. They tend to be very loose about going into the studio and with the media, magizines, etc etc.

Dream Evil for me, Gus G. being in that band for 3 albums made them fit right. Though I still like Hammerfall, about equally

Never got into Dream Evil except for one song ("the book of heavy metal") but then again I think I went away from the heavy/power metal scene by the time I knew about Dream Evil.

When It comes to Hammerfall I enjoyed the two first albums and to some degree Renegade as well. I also bought crimson thunder but I lost interest from there. Im pretty sure it was a combination of me kind of leaving that genre behind and they not making music that was up to par with the early stuff.

I guess both bands are terrible representatives of metal. I know that Hammerfall at least, has a certain mainstream popularity, especially here in Sweden.
With that said, I listen to Hammerfall whenever I feel like listening to stupid cheesy mainstream power metal with strong but accented vocals. Not too familiar with Dream Evil. I don't like what I've heard.

Check out the song Hearts On Fire; cheesy power metal at it's best.

I like certain Hammerfall songs, but Hearts on Fire is like the worst song ever. I really, really can't stand the chorus.
That video is goddamn hilarious though. Metal and curling doesn't mix.

I guess both bands are terrible representatives of metal. I know that Hammerfall at least, has a certain mainstream popularity, especially here in Sweden.
With that said, I listen to Hammerfall whenever I feel like listening to stupid cheesy mainstream power metal with strong but accented vocals. Not too familiar with Dream Evil. I don't like what I've heard.

I like certain Hammerfall songs, but Hearts on Fire is like the worst song ever. I really, really can't stand the chorus.
That video is goddamn hilarious though. Metal and curling doesn't mix.

That's the reason they did the video, they know that. lol