Happy Bday zellie and Happy Blated Bday to C.!

I guess this really doesn't count as a double-post, as the last time anyone posted in here was 2 years ago.

As the title of the post suggests, October 6th is what would have been Zellie's birthday. So I would encourage anyone here to come in and turn this thread into a celebration of her life, because she was such a vibrant and lively person. We have the other thread for our tears and our sadness...I think it is time now for us to remember our dear Zellie with a smile, because she would want us to.

I don't know if it's politically correct to wish a happy birthday to those who are no longer with us, and I don't care.

Hey we celebrate the birthdays of dead presidents and the like, so why not Zellie?

As for her, I remember when we first met on line for a Nightwish concert and she threw something out in what she thought was a public garbage. But it was for some vendor lady, and the lady yelled at her for using her garbage heh. Later, the lady apologized and explained her reasoning. But for years after, we would laugh about "the garbage lady."

I remember how I sent her the video game Bioshock a ways back because of it's pure awesomeness, and how she couldn't play the game alone (her boyfriend or someone had to be with her hehe) cause it would scare her too much. Though on the topic of games, I once sent her Dreamfall which she loved so much that she would literally dream about it. She even sent me a purple stuffed monkey that was meant to embody a futuristic toy from the game known as a Watilla. I still have it, sitting on top of one of my bookshelves here in my bedroom where I can always see it.

I remember how we had a favorite smoothie/boba tea cafe in NYC, yet we never got to go together. By the time we had some city adventures, it was gone. But I won't forget how she left me a message there on the bathroom wall heh.

And I will never forget how the little things that I would take for granted would often amaze her, or make her laugh as something new that she had never heard about before. She gave a new way of looking at something. It made the typical seem interesting and fun again.

Mostly though, I will remember being thankful to have met someone I could honestly consider a true friend - something all to rare in this miserable world - even if that friend was taken from me.. from all of us.. far sooner than should have ever happened.

So here's to Zellie, on the memory of her birthday. Truly the best person I have ever known, or ever will.

Hell yeah, Zellie meant more to me than any of the dead presidents. No offense to the dead presidents. :lol:

I will never forget the many posts here and the old forums, whether it was deep-seated discussions about families and procreation, and the differing opinions in the Politics thread where no matter how diverse the viewpoints were, we always managed to keep it civil. Or, the light-hearted posts in the Video Game thread, and other nonsensical topics where she would always make me laugh, even during times when I may not have felt like laughing or did not expect to laugh that day.

Or the late-night OSA chats that always seem to sprout up spontaneously, and that Zellie always took part in no matter what she was doing. I'll never forget New Year's Eve 2005, where Zellie and many of us stayed in the chat room to wish those of us in different time zones a Happy New Year when their stroke of midnight came, not leaving until everyone made it to midnight, even if their time zone had already seen the new year (and as I was on the West Coast and likely the last person to make it to midnight, I'll always be thankful to Zellie and the others for sticking it out with me when they were probably tired, hung over, and wanted to go to bed). And I'll always remember the surprise I felt when Zellie sent me the OSA goodie package: chock-full of the OSA stuff she had made. I would have never gotten to see the "Bless the Child" or "Nemo" videos if it weren't for her (at least, probably not for many years later). And of course, not only our birthdays being close in proximity, but our mutual love of Nightwish and Legend of Zelda games being another thing that bonded us together in friendship.

I miss her terribly, especially today. How I wish that she were here with us.

Also, since this is the thread for it, I would also ask the Oceansouls to give a thought sometime tomorrow to our other dearly departed Oceansoul, Marc Brueland, as his 37th birthday would have been tomorrow (October 7th). If you would like to take this thread as an opportunity to send your thoughts to his family (as well as your Zellie memories), I know they come to visit here on this forum and I know how deeply they would appreciate it.

It is a sad irony that our departed Oceansouls share a birthday so close together, but perhaps it is somewhat fitting, as they both will live on in our hearts and the legacy of OSA. Not only do they both share the terrible disease of cancer that took both of them far too soon, but they share the love of Nightwish music, their mutual attendance at ProgPower, and more dearly to us, being important figures to the OSA. Marc was never a part of us, as he passed only shortly after we first formed, but as his family has come to support us virtually from the beginning, I truly do believe that if he were still with us, he would be a part of our family as well. And Zellie, of course, being one of the core members of OSA, helping to build this community when we were nothing more than just a few passionate Nightwish fans in a country who had never heard of them, wanting to have a home of our own. Zellie helped to make this place a true home, and this will always be the house that Zellie helped build.

Happy birthday, my dear Libra buddy. You are with me always in your beautiful spirit.

I never personally knew Marc. Everything I know comes from his art that I've seen posted, or the stories and tributes I've read. The reason all of us continue to remember someone like Marc is because he added to the world in a positive way, and because of the promise and potential of what he would do in life that never will be.

All I can say is how wrong it is that the most talented among us all seem to have too brief a time on this world. We live in the 21st century when medicine supposedly has come so far, yet it truly understands so little. More often than not, anything we come down with will get "treated", not "cured." And that is if you are even diagnosed properly in the first place (Zellie certainly wasn't). And big ones like cancer? We've made strides, but I often wonder if we'll ever truly beat that one, given the world in which we live. You can avoid processed junk foods and chemically laced produce, drink the purest bottled water, stay away from excessive sun exposure, and any other precautions you can think of and yet you still might find yourself with it.

All we can really do is try our best, especially in the attempt to make strides at minimizing the casualties of cancer, so that the next Marc and the next Zellie might not leave their friends and loved ones with nothing more than memories, and a void where their loved one should be, for the rest of their lives.