Hark mine woes and weep, ingrates!

papajohnny

Dec 9, 2012
Leskovac, Serbia
In an non-existent promise I've made to Karhu I said that I will, when the time comes, write a long elegy about my sad, sad fate concerning the online shopping and such.
Well, so it happens that after a long time spent waiting and hoping, I'm finally able to successfully and legally obtain music by my favorite bands, on physical copies, with an understandable price. Such tale is a diverse and pathetic one, and I am obliged to write about it because I am bored, after all, and I thought I could perhaps spice things up a bit - and what's better than to bore nice, fine folks of my favorite online forum board to death?

So the story goes...

Once upon a time, in a little grey town in a little green above-sea-level-basin there lived a strange little boy. Though that boy had a nice little name, he shall here be named Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II, his title of preference.
The story goes that this boy was a relatively normal kid - he had problems with neighbors for broken windows as every kid did, he had been chased by a murderous old granny that lived down the street as every kid had been, and he loved picking flowers, as few boys ever did...errm... back to topic.

So, Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II was a more or less normal kid. Except for one thing. What Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II had little few other children had...he had...he HAD...A GRAMOPHONE!
That's right. 20 year old gramophone. In a relatively good state. And he had a BIG CD PLAYER. WITH BIG SPEAKERS. Which he broke down on one occasion. Sort of. He was 4 at the time. He also had a cassette player. Which was already in bad shape. But that's not important.
So, he had all these stuff. And what's most important, he had a big pile of CDS, VINYLS AND CASSETTES. Oh yes. He had all those (actually, his parents and uncle had, but let's stick to the plot).
And when Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II was as young lad, he learned to appreciate all them stuffs (aside from speakers which he hated and pierced the dust caps on those with his dirty little fingers). And he listened to that stuffs. And all that jazz. There was classical music. There was jazz. There was blues. There was country. There was rock n' roll. There was pop. There was everything (in reality, Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II listened to only few of those he liked - he was 5-6, prkl).
Looking through one-day-to-be-his-collection Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II promised that he shall make sure that the collection survives...and more importantly, GROW! AND EXPAND! And stuff...
Soon after saying that, he totally forgot about it.

Fast forward 8 years or so, Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II still lives in a little grey town in a little green above-sea-level-basin. However, aside from growing up 10 centimeters or so and getting uglier than ever before, Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II is now actively listening to his collection. And more importantly, he is a grand pirate of the Internet seas, the scourge of music. He steals and pillages, and makes playlists, and plays music loudly, and neighbors still hate him (the old granny died btw) and has some strange form of fecal matter he calls 'hair' growing out of his head on great lengths.

However, young Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II is not happy. He remembers the oath he had made so long ago (he actually remembered jack, but let's have some artistic freedom and clichés here). He wants to expand his music collection. He wants to buy CDs of some idiotic bands he listened at the time. Luckily, he is dumb enough to not know how to get them. But yet the thought persists...

2 years later, Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II listens to some 'quality music'. He has, in a way, formed his taste. The aforementioned idiotic bands are a thing of past - Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II IS NOW TWO YEARS OLDER AND HAS A LOT BETTER TASTE IN MUSIC! Or he hopes so, anyway. However, what is certain is that with age comes the wisdom. And with wisdom comes the way of learning about getting some CDs.

So now-not-so-young-as-before Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II sets his sails on a journey towards some CD shops he knows (which, of course, are not in a little grey town in a little green above-sea-level-basin). To his dismay he finds out that there are almost no original CDs to be found - only lousy copies of EPL or some Metallica discs he has long ago lost interest in. Depressed and torn, he heads home.

So, Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II thinks of some other ways... Yet again he sets sails on the Internet seas, but this time on the right side of...whatever, he doesn't pirate.
On the IIINTERNET (I have no idea why I wrote that in capitals or with triple 'I') Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II finds many treasures, locked away in shrines. Key to these shrines? Bank account. Credit card. PayPal. Rich aunt in Austria.
Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II has none.

Devastated, he thinks that all hope is lost.

Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II turns his back on legal music, thinking that his time has passed.

So Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II, still pirating, finds some other boyish interests. Card games and stuff. Board games. Video games. Anything with games in name. Before you know it Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II is trading his boyish cards with people all over the country. He is getting an acquaintance from other town to order some cars for him FROM AMERICA. He is then selling them on online auctions getting a bit of income. He is wasting his time and money.

And at that moment, something in his head clicks. Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II could very well use his newfound skills and network of companions to get things after which he had yearned for - MUSIC. So at the peak of his power, Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II is struck by yet another disaster. His acquaintance turns his back on him. His postman is switched for some drunkard which loses his mail. Post office clerks don't give a s*it, so Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II loses money. Quite a lot of it.

He faces another failure, just at the time that the victory seemed in his grasp.

Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II falls into deep depression. There is no way for him now...

But then, miraculously, his FAVORITE BAND announces that it goes touring, and one of the tour destinations is a capital city of a neighboring country, roughly 300km away. Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II IS HAPPY! HE REJOICES!
With a help of a very nice person he met online on a certain forum board he gets his tickets and entry. With a help from another very nice person he met on the same forum board he gets vinyls of that band's first two albums and singles.
(Thank you both. A lot.)

A SPARK OF HOPE IS LIT!

Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II is now seeing things clearly. There is hope. There is a way.
*dramatic music*

So now Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II, with his acne-ridden face, sets on another journey. He slowly starts collecting money. He ditches almost all other forms of needless expenses. He hoards all the little colored pieces of paper in hope, IN FAITH that he shall one day get the MUSIC he has been longing for.

The clock ticks. Young Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II is not that young anymore - he becomes an adult! (At least officially, he is still a stupid brat he has always been). With his ID he heads towards the bank. He enters the bank. He opens a bank account. He gets a debit card. He puts money on his card. And he proceeds to a well known site. He puts items in the cart. AND HE ORDERS.

Eagerly awaiting his MUSIC, Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II has his doubts. What if it wasn't worth it? What if he is a fool? (He certainly is, but the question is how big - quite big)
At the time of his greatest exasperation and doubt, the mailman arrives (cool,young guy - doesn't drink, gets mail in time). THE MUSIC IS HERE!
THERE ARE NEW CDs IN THE PLAYER! NEIGHBORS ARE RAGING ONCE MORE!
Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II IS HAPPY! HE REJOICES!
(4 CDs actually. None Amorphis. Not for now.)

So...he keeps on ordering. He orders Eclipse and Silent Waters (which seem to be quite hard to find, especially the former). And they are dispatched. So, acne-ridden Eugenius PJ Krankenkopfen II decides to write and overly long and needlessly boring topic no one will probably read to the end, whilst desperately trying to sound funny, which he most certainly isn't.

And yeah, that's it. Can't bother to check grammar and wording, no one will read this crap anyway.

Hehe, cheers mate! :D That was good.

BTW, I shop quite often from a Polish site. Prices are decent, shipping costs are decent as well and the stuff arrives by registered mail.

There is this Bulgarian store, which also ships abroad, but shipping fee is a bit hefty ;)

There is Wizard, as well (my favourite local store, as a matter of fact), but I don't know and couldn't find out if they ship outside of Bulgaria. - Perhaps you could drop them a line and ask. They don't have an English version, but surely you can find your way around ;)

Hehe, that was half a movie! :popcorn: Thanks for the entertaining read, and as for those two vinyls, always glad to help! ;)

Glad you like it.
I honestly thought that the story was dumb. In hindsight, everything that happened is naturally quite exaggerated, but that there is pretty much exactly how I felt.

Hehe, cheers mate! :D That was good.

BTW, I shop quite often from a Polish site. Prices are decent, shipping costs are decent as well and the stuff arrives by registered mail.

There is this Bulgarian store, which also ships abroad, but shipping fee is a bit hefty ;)

There is Wizard, as well (my favourite local store, as a matter of fact), but I don't know and couldn't find out if they ship outside of Bulgaria. - Perhaps you could drop them a line and ask. They don't have an English version, but surely you can find your way around ;)

Thanks for the heads-up!
I envy you Bulgarians, you know.
Prices on SMF are quite decent, even with shopping, so I gather that they'll be the first ones to check out next time I'm buying 4-5 CDs at time. Plus, the shipping itself probably won't take long.

I've so far only used Amazon as every uber-noob does, but checked out several sites, like Peaceville or Prophecy (they have excellent stuff and aren't expensive, but don't accept Visa :( ) and registered on dozen.

I'm probably getting over-excited about all this stuff and should cool down a bit...