HEATHEN- new song MP3

Honest opinion:

Guitars = Fucking good, good solos, good power, original riffing, well written.
Bass = Good, not just standard shite
Drums = Good power but awfully mixed..
Vocals = Frankly comical.

If this band got a better vocalist and got someone who would mix the drums quieter to allow the guitars to power the song, the song would be a lot more powerful and it'd have that "Dayum" effect on me.

That said, i always rate writing over mixing so i'm gonna give this 7/10

-Gavin- said:
Honest opinion:

Guitars = Fucking good, good solos, good power, original riffing, well written.
Bass = Good, not just standard shite
Drums = Good power but awfully mixed..
Vocals = Frankly comical.

If this band got a better vocalist and got someone who would mix the drums quieter to allow the guitars to power the song, the song would be a lot more powerful and it'd have that "Dayum" effect on me.

That said, i always rate writing over mixing so i'm gonna give this 7/10

It's only a rough mix ,you know.
And the vox comical? This guy can actually sing, and I think that's what makes this band even more special! I wouldn't want some guy that screeming his head off like he is being raped, or someone with "cookie monster" vox the ruin this song. So sick of all these vox sounding the same now days.
Have you listened to their first two albums?
They have it for free download on their website.
The second album is considered to be a thrash masterpiece!

Sweet Savage said:
It's only a rough mix ,you know.
And the vox comical? This guy can actually sing, and I think that's what makes this band even more special! I wouldn't want some guy that screeming his head off like he is being raped, or someone with "cookie monster" vox the ruin this song. So sick of all these vox sounding the same now days.
Have you listened to their first two albums?
They have it for free download on their website.
The second album is considered to be a thrash masterpiece!

Hey man, don't get me wrong, if this is a rough mix, great, then forget what i said about mixing.

The singing, seemed forced didn't fit with the music. I found myself being unable to take the guy seriously and chuckling in places. But don't take what i say for gospel. Shit man, Just giving my opinion on the music. I really liked it man, just my only problem was with the mixing (Getting fixed) and the vocals but dude, it was fucking good man

-Gavin- said:
Hey man, don't get me wrong, if this is a rough mix, great, then forget what i said about mixing.

The singing, seemed forced didn't fit with the music. I found myself being unable to take the guy seriously and chuckling in places. But don't take what i say for gospel. Shit man, Just giving my opinion on the music. I really liked it man, just my only problem was with the mixing (Getting fixed) and the vocals but dude, it was fucking good man

Hey no problem, I don't take it personal.
It's just a difference in opinion. I like the way the guy sings , you don't, and it's O.K.
Did you check out their other albums? I want to see what you think about their second album. You still might not like the singing, but the riffing on it is amazing!

Some very cool sounding harmonies, kinda agree with Gav for the rest. The vocals just aren't my thing. But I don't like Maiden, so yeah...
It's a pitty some parts of the solo's are so hard to make out, they sound pretty good.

Heavenscent said:
Some very cool sounding harmonies, kinda agree with Gav for the rest. The vocals just aren't my thing. But I don't like Maiden, so yeah...
It's a pitty some parts of the solo's are so hard to make out, they sound pretty good.

It's only a rough mix pre-production demo.
They do have two awsome guitar players, so I hope they turn those solos up on the album.