Help me, I need to be famous

Chamet

Keepin' it bonzer
Dec 29, 2005
England
I'm writing an essay on what benefits computer games bring to society, and I need to gather information from different sources and different types of people, gamers and non-gamers. I've written a few questions that will help me gather some data, so please take a few minutes to answer them instead of spamming random threads :p it would really help me.

First of all, how old are you?

Do you play video/computer games? If your answer is yes, go to question 2. If your answer is no, please explain why you don't play computer games.

Approximately how many hours per week do you spend playing games?

Do you buy or illegally download your games?

How often do you buy games?

On avarage, how much money do you spend on gaming in a year? That includes upgrading your system, buying consoles...etc

How often do you download games?

Why do you play video games? (Entertainment, to kill time, to relax...etc)

Name a good thing and a bad thing about video/computer games.

That's it :) thanks in advance.

Do you play video/computer games? If your answer is yes, go to question 2. If your answer is no, please explain why you don't play computer games.
Yes.

5 h.

Buy. I downloaded FIFA 09 illegally but bought it afterwards though.

Ca. 3 times a year.

On avarage, how much money do you spend on gaming in a year? That includes upgrading your system, buying consoles...etc
Maybe 100-150 Euro, not more.

One time a year (When FIFA comes out and I have to check if it's worth the money). :p

Entertainment, Relaxing. NOT to kill time.

Good thing:It's interactive, so it's better than just sitting in front of the TV and being dull. Bad thing: Many "real" gamers get addicted.

Will do!

Yes.

About 1-2 hours a day, sometimes I don't play.

I buy the online games that you have to have legit to play online.

All else, download, some very small exceptions.

Whenever there is a upgrade to my favorite game.

I never do that. Except maybe in the future, when I will get a better mouse/keyboard.

Not often, but if an interesting game comes up, I download it.

To kill time and get my mind on other things that annoy me (you know, puberty :lol:)

Good: Great time killer and if it's an online game, you meet new people and you are socializing on the net.

Bad: Highly addictive (depends on person and game). Makes you look like shit and you won't get guurlz.

Help me, I need to be famous

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm writing an essay on what benefits computer games bring to society, and I need to gather information from different sources and different types of people, gamers and non-gamers. I've written a few questions that will help me gather some data, so please take a few minutes to answer them instead of spamming random threads it would really help me.

Sometimes, I'll make that a yes.

2-3 hours

Illegally download

Never:p

I won't ever spend money on gaming anymore probably.:erk:

One a year, 2 a year tops

Entertainment, to kill time, to relax... etc:p:p

You can kill people/You can't kill all of them most of the times.:(

That's it thanks in advance.
No problem.

i don't really play videogames, but i had game development in my school, creating 2D games in Action Scritp 2.0, it was cool. About the benefits, i don't really know, maybe a unconscious increase in perspicaciousness, or something

yee

I'll go days without playing at all, then spend a day doing nothing else. Greatly varies.

Download, unless its a good game then I pay for it. How the system should work.

not often :p

I dont upgrade every year, hard question ot answer. Maybe spend $120 on games (2 or 3), plan on spending about $150-$250 on upgrades after xmas to last me a year or 2.

Constantly

I buy them because of deep emotional scars left by my parents when I was young.
Srsly, this question fails. Who buys a game with the intent to kill time and NOT be entertained?

Overpriced. I tend to download games mainly because of the cost. I usually end up getting bored with the thing before it comes down in price, and I usually only buy it if its a good enough game to maintain my interest for that entire time.

Yes.

Currently, less than one. I go through phases where I'll play 5-15 hours a week, and then won't play them at all for months.

Usually buy them (since it's mostly console gaming) but I've pirated a few PC games.

It used to be once every month or so....until about a year ago.

Iunno, last game I bought was Manhunt 2 when it first came out.

Rarely.

Entertainment, to kill time, relax.

Also cuz they're fun.

When I shoot someone in a video game, no one actually dies. Works for both good and bad.

Over 9000 years old. Ok i'm 20
Yes
0-5
I buy them illegally.
Once a year
$50
Never, because i don't know how to get them to work after i download them.
To kill Nazis and get the girl.
Being a Jedi and well, being a Jedi :[

Interesting question.

I hardly do.

I think that's not measured in weeks. It must be 30 hours in a year.

I download them all, since I'm not interested in buying and owning video games.

I bought only one since 1999.

I've got a console that my girlfriend offered me, and I bought World of Warcaft to try it. That's all for the last 10 yars.

Perhaps 2 games a month ?

Well, as every progressive rock lover, I've been raised in RPGs, so for years I've been playing them mostly. What I like in it is above all the music (gotta be very important), then the scenario and the characters identity, which means I'm attracted by a "serious" and complex entertainement, as if I was watching a movie. But now I'm working a lot, spending time other ways, I like more and more to have fun while playing, even if I can't get amused by all these stupid 30-40 yo games on Wii (haha I have children and a job and I play fake-bowling with my buddies, act your age ffs).

Well the good thing is that as any entertainement, it kills time and can be attractive of you get into the game. But I cannot understand how can people over 20 spend more than half a paycheck in it. I mean, when you have a "traditional social life" (job + friends + wife + almost kids), how can you still spend hours playing in front of your TV ?..
And something I dislike a LOT nowadays, is that video games are more and more "specialized", as if there was one console per player category. If the first Playstation proposed games like BOTH survival-horrors and light/fun games as Crash Bandicoot, now you can't find that anymore. PS3 proposes a hundred of similar FPSs for hardcore gamers, Xbox offers football and games for teenagers, and Wii and its motherfucking wii-fit is played by 30 yo girls, lonely couples or 40 yo neo-zen-feng-shui dudes who eat sushi. Of course, you can see that as an evolution and think video games are getting wider and wider, but people now most of the time play them because it's "cool" and "fun" to play Mario Kart. The day it'll be "cool" to hang out naked with a pink dildo in your ass, you'll see a hundred people doing it across the street.

I think your concept of what games the Xbox is targeted at is a little wrong :p It's long been known that the 360 has always been the premier Action/Shooter console.

Whereas Playstation owners tend to enjoy the sports/football games more.

si si senor

15-20

I buy & download

every 1-2 months perhaps

100-150€

1 per month

Entertainment, to kill time

Good: Time flies past.... Bad:...Time flies past.

I think your concept of what games the Xbox is targeted at is a little wrong :p It's long been known that the 360 has always been the premier Action/Shooter console.

Whereas Playstation owners tend to enjoy the sports/football games more.
Well that's my non-gamer point of view :lol: Maybe when you're in it, you know the truth, infortunately I don't.

First of all, how old are you? 19

No, I'm not good at them & even if I had a game, my computer probably couldn't run it.

Do you buy or illegally download your games? Neither

How often do you buy games? Never

On avarage, how much money do you spend on gaming in a year? That includes upgrading your system, buying consoles...etc. Nothing

How often do you download games? The last time was 5 years ago.

Why do you play video games? (Entertainment, to kill time, to relax...etc) No comment.

Bad - Expensive
Good - It's interesting to watch other people play them

Well that's my non-gamer point of view :lol: Maybe when you're in it, you know the truth, infortunately I don't.

Doesn't have to be an RPG to have good music and atmosphere, well written story, and characters. Half-Life 2 was alot of action, but with all of the above, awesome game :D.

Basically, how people over 20 find time for it, is its their hobby. Same way someone in their late 20s can have a wife, kids, job, friends, and still have time to read, paint, bake pastries, ferment grapes, make cheeses and do whatever it is you French people do.

Anyway, my step brother is in his early 30s, wife and 2 kids, full time engineering job, and he plays a lot of xbox and DnD :p.

Basically, how people over 20 find time for it, is its their hobby. Same way someone in their late 20s can have a wife, kids, job, friends, and still have time to read, paint, bake pastries, ferment grapes, make cheeses and do whatever it is you French people do.
LOLOLOLOL FRENCH JOKES LOLOLOLOL. That's funny.

Anyway, my step brother is in his early 30s, wife and 2 kids, full time engineering job, and he plays a lot of xbox and DnD :p.
Good for him. I don't say it's not possible, I just say I can't understand.