Help with T Racks

Haven't used T-Racks in a very long time. It's too extreme and seems to make tracks sound WORSE in my experience. In fact, I would venture to say that all of IK Multimedia' products suck ass, except for maybe that new Ampeg plug-in for bass, which sounded badass at NAMM!

I'd check out Izotope Ozone if you want something affordable. UAD-1 has some great new mastering plugins, and we all know that WAVES is probably the best set of tools out there. Nothing beats the L2 for track slamming (even though it costs 5 billion dollars.)

Kazrog said:
UAD-1 has some great new mastering plugins, and we all know that WAVES is probably the best set of tools out there. Nothing beats the L2 for track slamming (even though it costs 5 billion dollars.)

Well, this won't help estigma in any way (hahaha, sorry... I think what you're searching for is the Input actually, turn it on until you see the reduction meter (if there is one) moving...), but I've just compared Waves L2 with the Precision Limiter that comes with the UAD-1, and OH MY GOD !!! The Precision Limiter is sooooooooo much better !!! Much more transparent and musical (I hardly find the Waves plugins musical... though I may not know what it actually means ;)), and the metering system is cool (using Bob Katz's K-System). And not expensive if you already have the UAD-1 card ($199).

Just my 2 cents :)

Brett - K A L I S I A said:
Well, this won't help estigma in any way (hahaha, sorry... I think what you're searching for is the Input actually, turn it on until you see the reduction meter (if there is one) moving...), but I've just compared Waves L2 with the Precision Limiter that comes with the UAD-1, and OH MY GOD !!! The Precision Limiter is sooooooooo much better !!! Much more transparent and musical (I hardly find the Waves plugins musical... though I may not know what it actually means ;)), and the metering system is cool (using Bob Katz's K-System). And not expensive if you already have the UAD-1 card ($199).

Just my 2 cents :)

Haha, I totally agree actually. The precision limiter is more transparent and musical than the L2. It's badass!