hey the news::????

R

rebirth

And so we head midweek into the charts with another battle looming. Who will take the coveted #1 debut spot this week on the all important US album chart, Bruce Springsteen or Linkin Park?

In one corner we have Linkin Park. Their last album Hybrid Theory has now sold over 10 million units worldwide and 7.1 million in the USA. (That's 7 times Platinum).

In the other corner, Bruce Springsteen, a former world champ but a little flabby with his last few releases. Springsteen's last studio album 'The Ghost of Tom Joad' released in 1995 had first week sales of 110,000 and to date has sold 630,000 units (making it Gold by a long way to Platinum).

The two heavy weights have gone head to head with releases on the same day and the winner is ... Bruce.

The Rising has sold an outstanding 530,000 units this week alone (almost what his last record has sold over 7 years). Linkin Park's Reanimation had one hand tied behind it's back because it is actually a remix album (i.e. recycled Hybrid Theory). In comparison to Limp Bizkit's New Old Ones, Reanimation is a complete success, as remix albums don't always sell that well for rock acts (although it never hurt P. Diddy).

The Rising has already had remarkable global success for Bruce debuting at #1 in England this week. The Irish charts had it come it at #2. Australia had a lukewarm debut for Bruce, only copping a #4 slot behind Red Hot Chili Peppers, Enrique Iglesias and Eminem.

Springsteen fans watched him on Letterman Aug 1 and 2. On the first night he performed The Rising and the second night Lonesome Day.

By Paul Cashmere

Bruce Springsteen's last few releases have been an insult... bring back The River... Awesome album...

KMFDM has a lot of remixes. the ones they do themselves are way more different than the ones others do. most times tho remixes are a waste of time.
-neal

Nevermore should make some remixes (joke ahead)

We Disintegrate (Into The Ghetto Mix)
The Sorrowed Man (I'm Poor Yo Mix)
Dreaming Neon Black (That LSD Be Whack Mix)

and a very special:
Battle Angels (Praise The Lord Mix) lol

Originally posted by Question:
Nevermore should make some remixes (joke ahead)

We Disintegrate (Into The Ghetto Mix)
The Sorrowed Man (I'm Poor Yo Mix)
Dreaming Neon Black (That LSD Be Whack Mix)

and a very special:
Battle Angels (Praise The Lord Mix) lol

I thought this was hilarious:lol:
But you forgot about
*I am the Dog (What Up Dog Mix)

It boggles my mind how he sells out something like 35 shows in the NY/NJ area every year now. Though I'll give him credit for playing different sets each night, still! It's amazing.

I don't know if anyone gets "Opie & Anthony" (afternoon drivetime radio jocks), but they did a kick-arse Bruce bashing session last week that left me in stitches. It made me laugh a ton too.