How do burn CD? The proper way

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
Right, im all ready to burn a CD off, im using Sony CD Architect V10 and the musics all in crossfaded and edited together nicely. Now, everytime I burn it off and put the CD in theres no info at all on any of the tracks and about the album or artist. I named the files in Architect and there was no options to do anything else.

Getting abit annoyed by this *simple process* or so I thought.

I might have to ditch this software if anybody has some recommendations of some stupidly simple utter noob proof burn software with all the trimmings to make a proper CD with since I clearly can't seem to do it at the moment :heh:

Help is much appreciated as always :kickass:

Right, im all ready to burn a CD off, im using Sony CD Architect V10 and the musics all in crossfaded and edited together nicely. Now, everytime I burn it off and put the CD in theres no info at all on any of the tracks and about the album or artist. I named the files in Architect and there was no options to do anything else.

Getting abit annoyed by this *simple process* or so I thought.

I might have to ditch this software if anybody has some recommendations of some stupidly simple utter noob proof burn software with all the trimmings to make a proper CD with since I clearly can't seem to do it at the moment :heh:

Help is much appreciated as always :kickass:

that info you get comes from a internet server

that info gets put there by an organization

the organization has a process in which the info gets published, which starts with getting ISRC codes and submitting what's called "one-sheet"

the only information you can supply hardcoded into the disc its self is called CD-TEXT, which works in some cars. The rest comes from CDDB type servers who get their information from the ISRC code organization.

Ah right, yeah that makes sense. Im planning on getting this CD duplicated by a company so I assume they are the ones with the methods to get all the coding information done? I did do all this but it was a few years ago and ive totally dropped the ball on it all.

Ah right, yeah that makes sense. Im planning on getting this CD duplicated by a company so I assume they are the ones with the methods to get all the coding information done? I did do all this but it was a few years ago and ive totally dropped the ball on it all.

well you have to burn the cd in red book format

red book format lets you enter 1 isrc code per track

these need to match up with the information you send in

when they duplicate the disc, it duplicates the isrc codes on the tracks as well, so when anyone puts the cd in the computer, everyone's got the same ISRC code per song, which downloads the proper information from the CDDB server

you actually have to pay for this ISRC process, and it takes some time.

thats of course if you're not on a label. most label's handle this though. but they dont burn your disc for you, so you gotta get the codes from the label to put into the cd when you make the red book format master.

sound forge and cd architect are both red book format compliant. i use cd architect to burn my master disc, great program.

that info you get comes from a internet server

that info gets put there by an organization

the organization has a process in which the info gets published, which starts with getting ISRC codes and submitting what's called "one-sheet"

the only information you can supply hardcoded into the disc its self is called CD-TEXT, which works in some cars. The rest comes from CDDB type servers who get their information from the ISRC code organization.

I tried telling that to a band I was doing an EP for.

They didn't believe me.

There was a thread about this
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...-artist-information-mp3s-cds.html#post8820400

Here's what Nathan James said:

CD-text is encoded directly onto the CD during the mastering process. It's generally used by CD players that have the capability of reading that info. Though there are many home players that read this info the big market for this is car stereos.

If you want the info to exist in the Gracenote database there are two basic ways of doing this, the first of which is to make the submission yourself using iTunes (described above and at http://www.gracenote.com/company_info/FAQ/FAQs/#5a)

If you're going with a distribution company they will have direct access to the Gracenote database via iTunes Producer by Apple. This allows them to make edits that show up almost immediately while making a submission or edit on your own has been known to take up to a month.

"Disc not finalized", where in Architect is there the option about finalizing? Ive looked everywhere and read all the FAQ's I can find :mad:

There should be a "close CD" function somewhere?

a related question: how do i check the burned cd for errors?
also, what brand of cd-r's would you recommend?

I'm surprised Architect doesn't do that for you, I know Nero does. I can't have a look at the manual here at work, but give me a kick on msn later if you still haven't sorted it Ted.