How do you guys reamp???

Wolfeman

I Prefer EL-34s. So What?
Feb 21, 2006
Cleveland
Just wondering what you guys do to reamp...

How many of you use an actual DI and then use a real reamp box? How many of you use a DI for the reamp, just putting it backwards?

Reason I ask is because I was just about to drop the dough on the Radial reamp kit, but if I can get decent results with a cheaper DI box and just flipping it backwards for reamping, I'd rather do that....

opinions please.....

Reamp boxes are actually a fun DIY project...do a search here and there should be some info..if not google it and theres a lot of info.

There are some sweet tutorials in the production section too.

Hmmm. Well $225 for the Redeye, passive. $350 for the Radial re-amp kit, active DI and Reamp.....

If I'm just doing guitars will I be ok with passive? Is active really necessary?

Reamp boxes are actually a fun DIY project...do a search here and there should be some info..if not google it and theres a lot of info.

There are some sweet tutorials in the production section too.

Hey man I didn't know you posted here.... I like the flame war you and that mooch are having over on the SLOclone forums :lol:

That guy is a turd.....

Got any links to the DIY reamp stuff? I did some searching a bit back but could only find DI boxes, no reampers.

If I'm just doing guitars will I be ok with passive? Is active really necessary?
I´m using it on guitars, too, and had no single problem till now.
I think it sometimes depends a bit on the signal-chain in if you re-amp tracks that were recorded by active or passive pick-ups. But I´ve read through many forums in advance (before I bought the redeye) and the only problem I found was people who didn´t try to take off the pad-function if they had a lack of gain.