How many death metal bands are better than gorguts?

I never could get into them, but I must admit I didn't give them a lot of listens. Obscura ( the track ) just bores me. The riffs don't do it for me on this song.

I think the majority of the higher quality Swedish bands are better than Gorguts.

we have 2 wrong answers so far

let's see where the next reply will lead us.

swedish death metal is generally very bland i find. Overly simple, same stuff goin on all the time. song titles just a bunch of cool sounding words put together that don't really make sense.

Asmode: check out "from wisdom to hate"

Arrakis said:
we have 2 wrong answers so far

let's see where the next reply will lead us.

swedish death metal is generally very bland i find. Overly simple, same stuff goin on all the time. song titles just a bunch of cool sounding words put together that don't really make sense.

Asmode: check out "from wisdom to hate"
Thx for the suggestion. I also agree with what you said about swedish death metal. Simply bland and boring.

Arrakis said:
we have [opinions I disagree with] so far

For the most part, in the other hand, is wrong, because you're generalizing something of which you clearly are uneducated about using objective terminology. Not all Swedish bands are "overly simple." I suggest you look beyond Grave and Dismember. The second part of that first sentence is just stupid, as if it was a universal truth, when it's far from it. And finally, way to judge people whose native language is not english for an irrelevant and trivial point. And also again, LOOK BEYOND ENTOMBED AND CARNAGE, because you obviously don't know much about the Swedish Death Metal scene beyond the ones my grandmother knows.

If you're going to make stupid comments about opinions being wrong without knowing what you're talking about, you come off looking like the ass in most cases. You should follow that general rule of thumb from now on.

Dodens Grav said:
For the most part, in the other hand, is wrong, because you're generalizing something of which you clearly are uneducated about using objective terminology. Not all Swedish bands are "overly simple." I suggest you look beyond Grave and Dismember. The second part of that first sentence is just stupid, as if it was a universal truth, when it's far from it. And finally, way to judge people whose native language is not english for an irrelevant and trivial point. And also again, LOOK BEYOND ENTOMBED AND CARNAGE, because you obviously don't know much about the Swedish Death Metal scene beyond the ones my grandmother knows.

If you're going to make stupid comments about opinions being wrong without knowing what you're talking about, you come off looking like the ass in most cases. You should follow that general rule of thumb from now on.

i could give a shit if i look like an ass on an E forum, not really my top concern. If the black metal kids on this forum (i believe i've seen you do this too) can speak as if their opinions reign supreme so can i. All in good fun anyhow. If you're buying into a thread you're reading on the internet about gorguts you probobly need to find a new hobby. i suggest dogsledding.

I;ve listened to a lot of swedish death metal. i'm not all that ignorant, granted i could probobly stand to research it more. But what i've heard hasn't impressed me all that much. Which is probobly why i haven't looked into it more than i have. It's okay and all, sorta a middle ground thing. I always found with death metal, that a band from europe would do something first, and then a band from canada or the usa would just do it way way better. I like complex death metal (not overly complex) but complex enough that it's not just a few power chords and a few other notes here and there with a melodic solo. I just find that Canadian dm bands in particular, write much more complex music. Not just the "let's see how many notes we can hit in this song". But the actual composition of the song. Instead of the classic, intro, verse, chorus, verse chorus, etc" it's all over the place.

It doesn't really matter if their native language isnt english or not, the song titles are still pretty funny regardless.

Plenty.

The main posterboys for kicking the ass of Gorguts are the now defunct, Lykathea Aflame.

Other bands include: Death Chain, Deceased, Rottrevore, Spawn of Possession, Massacra, Psycroptic, The Amenta, Crypt of Kerberos etc.

EDIT: For the damned idiot speaking about Swedish death metal, listen to fucking Crypt of Kerberos, and then come back and bitch about it.

Arrakis said:
I;ve listened to a lot of swedish death metal. i'm not all that ignorant, granted i could probobly stand to research it more. But what i've heard hasn't impressed me all that much. Which is probobly why i haven't looked into it more than i have. It's okay and all, sorta a middle ground thing. I always found with death metal, that a band from europe would do something first, and then a band from canada or the usa would just do it way way better. I like complex death metal (not overly complex) but complex enough that it's not just a few power chords and a few other notes here and there with a melodic solo. I just find that Canadian dm bands in particular, write much more complex music. Not just the "let's see how many notes we can hit in this song". But the actual composition of the song. Instead of the classic, intro, verse, chorus, verse chorus, etc" it's all over the place.

Listen to: early At the Gates, early Fleshcrawl, early Necrophobic, early Demigod, early Atrocity, Golem, early Eucharist, early Darkthrone, early Amorphis, early Unleashed, Torchure, Molested, Fester, God Macabre, Afflicted, early Therion, Miasma, Anasarca, early Cadaver, Luciferion, Séance, Funebre

Cheers m'dears

Moon of Amber said:
Listen to: At the Gates, Fleshcrawl, Necrophobic, Demigod, Atrocity, Golem, Eucharist, Darkthrone, Amorphis, Unleashed, Torchure, Molested, Fester, God Macabre, Afflicted, Therion, Miasma, Anasarca, Cadaver, Luciferion, Séance, Funebre, Crypt of Kerberos

Cheers.