How many here enjoy nu-metal?

Do you like nu-metal?

• Total voters

Final_Vision

This is Not an Exit
Oct 19, 2001
California
This is kinda just for the hell of it, as I'm kinda interested who here digs nu-metal. I was just thinking how its seems everyone who posts here seems mostly into the usual suspects: Melo-death,death,black,thrash, power etc. Curious exactly how many nu-metal In Flames fans we have :p

Nu-metal being bands like: Disturbed, Korn, Soulfly, Papa Roach, Linkin Park etc...come on you all know hehe.

Personally, myself, no. I can't stand it. Its all pretty boring to me and really does nothin for me.

It all depends on how far you would consider nu-metal to go. I like Mudvayne, and I know everyone calls them nu-metal. But to put Mudvayne in the same category as Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park is very wrong, as they are a TON more creative and talented. I don't really like to call them nu-metal, but if you consider them to be, then I would say they have the best drummer and bassist in all of nu-metal. But I don't consider them nu-metal.....

well... i voted for SOME nu-metal.... nu-metal was the first style of rock music that i ever heard....
i started with: Deftones, Korn, Limp Bullshit and some others. Now i can't stand most of those bands... but there are some others that i still enjoy: Deftones, Incubus, Mudvayne...

I do like some of it, at the end of the day if I hear something and like it...that's all there is to it. I don't avoid it like the plague because of the genre it's in.

Since some consider tool and fear factory numetal i like it ... however most numetal boores me except some SOAD and Defones tunes ... cant listen to more than a couple tunes though

Well, I like some Rap-Core songs.
I'll list it:
Limp Bizkit: Re-arrenged, Nookie, My way, Rollin', take a look around, Boiler.
Linkin Park: in the end, Crawling, Runaway
Korn: Here to stay
Godsmack: I stand alone, Mistakes, Straight out of line
I used to listen to a Mudvaine song, but i don't remember its name.
That's all.
Falow

I listen to a good amount of nu-metal bands. I'll even go so far as to listen to Linkin Park. But I stopped listening to Limp Bizkit a year or two ago. Durst really annoyed the shit out of me. Other bands I listen to you could consider nu-metal are Sevendust, Mudvayne, Nothingface, Mushroomhead, Disturbed, Static-X, Deftones and a couple others. Sevendust is probably my favorite nu-metal band, but my favorite bands in general are just metal (Dark Tranquillity, Sentenced, IF, Winds, Soilwork, etc.)

I like some. Some bands would be:

Slipknot (they arent nu metal in my opinion but whatever)
Stone Sour (same as above)
Mudvayne
Disturbed (I like the first album)
Papa Roach (I like thier music, so fuck)
Hundred Reasons (If you wanna call them numetal)

Thats about it really. Bands I hate... HATE are ones like Korn, Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit. Oh fuck I hate those three, complete shite.

The favorites are Slipknot and Stone Sour.