How METAL is your PC? Post your PC pix and specs

Entrerie

Sep 14, 2006
This is my PC it's named "The Skullknight".

AMD Opteron 170 Overclocked (10x280fsb) 2.8 ghz
2 gig of ram
500 mb HD (2x 250 mb WD 7200 RPM Sata in Raid 0)
Geforce 7900 GTX 512mb ram
DFI Lanparty MB
Swiftech Storm v2 CPU Waterblock
DangerDen Maze4 GPU Waterblock
BlackIce Pro III Radiator
Thermaltake Armor case

I've since put chrome diamond plate vynil stickers over the DVD drive and a upside U shape plexiglass frame with it around the fans and under the DVD drive to keep dust out and airflow inside the case. The Fan grills are custom, I took belt buckles and glued them to the grills. The front fans are over the radiator for the watercooling system. I've also taken a slot cooler fan and covered it with same chrome vynil and epoxied the pass through molex to the tip of the bracket so it stands upright and it's plugged into a molex connector on the motherboard so it blows down over some mosfets and chips, it looks like a turbo charger in a muscle car.

pc1.jpg

pc2.jpg

pc3.jpg

pc5.jpg

Ummmmmm...I just have a Dell Inspiron laptop. It's silver. I don't know its specs. I just know that it does what I need and want it to do. I don't generally demand too much out of my computers.

Enterie, you and your computer seem to have a special relationship. o_O

~Brian~

The PC has always been my first wife/love, at least that's what my wife says. :lol:

I grew up with a Commadore 64, etc. I work with PCs. I don't think of it as a hobby, it's like air I don't really notice it and definately can't live without it.

You've got your CPU hooked up to an IV feed? Now THAT's playing with power!!!

It's water cooled. Keeps the temps low and the noise low. It's a lot of hassle to maintain, you need to change the water every 5-6 months and use some harsh chemicals like anti-freeze to keep biologicals from growing in there. Also if it leaks or the water pump fails you are pretty much f'd 9 out of 10 times. The bigest plus to water cooling is you can run your CPU higher then it's rated with more stability then air cooling.

These days I don't really pay too much attention to it as it's been running 24/7 since April of '06. Being my first attempt at water cooling I was extra dilligent to make sure clamps were tightended, that teflon pipe thread tape was used, and that o-rings were greased. There hasn't been a problem yet *knock on wood*, A water change is coming up soon though.

Before I had a Tornado fan which is so loud it's not even funny, can drown out most concerts I'd bet. If you lay one of those fans on a table it will hover. My wife's current PC which was my old one still has one of those fans and accounts for 98% of the ambient noise in the room. We've gotten used to it over the years but next PC I'm building is another water cooled or will have a much quieter fan.

These pics are back from April '06 it's all dusty and crap now :p

Wow, that's the equivalent of under-car neon, spinners and grilles for the geek/nerd set. :heh:

I have two desktops -- the older runs Windows 98, the newer is an NT box -- wired to the wireless router, plus an even newer laptop (Sony VAIO) that lives on the dining room table.

I'm running an Athlon XP 3500+ with 2GB, nVidia 6600, XFi sound with surround sound speakers... it's not hugely souped up, but it's plenty sufficient for my biggest resource hog - Warcraft.

Just got this system up and running about 2 weeks ago. So far, runs great.

- Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor(overclocked)
- Patriot eXtreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
- GIGABYTE GA-P35C-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
- GIGABYTE GV-NX76G512P-RH GeForce 7600GS 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCIExpress x16 SLI Supported Video Card
- Turtle Beach TBS-3300-01 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Montego DDL Sound Card
- Thermaltake W0106RU Complies with ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS 12V version 700W Power Supply
- ZEROtherm BTF90 92mm Silent UFO CPU Cooler
- Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

- And a 400Gb external Seagate that I keep all my music on. Plus a bunch of other shit like speakers, media card readers, etc...

Mine either

Specs
125 mhz Mobo
16mb ram
500 mb hard drive
14.k modem

and I twill tell you it only takes 2 weeks to download a full album :lol:

490436675_fb528de400.jpg

490436675_fb528de400.jpg

Mine hasn't had any upgrades in a while, but here's the specs:

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard
Athlon 64 3500+
2Gb G.Skill Ram
Twin BFG 6800GTs (SLI)
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound
About (I don't remember exactly) 600Gb disk space - SATA
In a real plain-jane looking case, but it runs really well in both WinXP and SUSE 10.0 linux.

Just got this system up and running about 2 weeks ago. So far, runs great.

- Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor(overclocked)
- Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

- And a 400Gb external Seagate that I keep all my music on. Plus a bunch of other shit like speakers, media card readers, etc...

How do you like your processor? And have you had any trouble with your Seagates? I only ever owned one (an IDE from many years back), and it was a piece of shit. I generally only use WD or Maxtor drives now.

I've seen that case at a local store called Micro Center... it's pretty sweet.

How do you like your processor? And have you had any trouble with your Seagates? I only ever owned one (an IDE from many years back), and it was a piece of shit. I generally only use WD or Maxtor drives now.

I've seen that case at a local store called Micro Center... it's pretty sweet.

Processor has been great so far. I chose it because I was told it's one of the easiest/best to overclock for what my price range was. For a brief moment, don't ask me why, I actually considered going with the Quad Core, just to avoid having to make any upgrades for a long time, but I think this one will be adequate for quite a while.

The Seagates have never given me trouble. Sometimes my external seems to run a bit loud, but its a tank, and I could probably drop it off the roof and it would still work. I really considered trying out WD for my internal hd, but chose to stick with SG just for the hell of it. But to be honest, my internal hd serves little purpose at this point other than being partitioned to perhaps run Windows and Linux simultaneously.

Mine isn't all that cool looking, but it was built for me by a former performer at ProgPower... does that make it kinda metal? ;) I don't remember everything, but let's see if I can recall most of it:

ABIT Fatal1ty AN9 32X motherboard with an X2 5600+ CPU (AMD) (no overclocking for me, thankyouverymuch)
EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS
500 GB hard drive
4 GB RAM
Thermaltake 650W Toughpower PSU
21.6" Samsung flat panel LCD monitor (beats my 3-year-old 17" flat screen by a lot)
Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse (okay, not impressive at all but my first foray into wireless, so I thought I'd mention it)
Some router thingy I'm just learning about how to use
A great, big case that Urban just had to have (it is designed to accomodate water-cooling, which his at his house is, but is not for me, thanks)

So it's probably not something that would make serious gamers wet their pants, but to me, it's pretty sweet and a huge upgrade over what I had. Sorry, I have no pictures, but all it looks like is a big black box w/ a little red glow anyway. :)

Oh, and I'm running 64-bit Vista Ultimate.

Mine isn't all that cool looking, but it was built for me by a former performer at ProgPower... does that make it kinda metal? ;) I don't remember everything, but let's see if I can recall most of it:

ABIT Fatal1ty AN9 32X motherboard with an X2 5600+ CPU (AMD) (no overclocking for me, thankyouverymuch)
EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS
500 GB hard drive
4 GB RAM
Thermaltake 650W Toughpower PSU
21.6" Samsung flat panel LCD monitor (beats my 3-year-old 17" flat screen by a lot)
Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse (okay, not impressive at all but my first foray into wireless, so I thought I'd mention it)
Some router thingy I'm just learning about how to use
A great, big case that Urban just had to have (it is designed to accomodate water-cooling, which his at his house is, but is not for me, thanks)

So it's probably not something that would make serious gamers wet their pants, but to me, it's pretty sweet and a huge upgrade over what I had. Sorry, I have no pictures, but all it looks like is a big black box w/ a little red glow anyway. :)

Oh, and I'm running 64-bit Vista Ultimate.

That's a nice setup, most definitely. I've seen some much much much cooler looking cases on the enthusiast websites that put mine to shame. There was this one person doing custom grills and water reseviours and case moldings out of fiberglass, he had some of the coolest designs, lots of skulls and cyber-industrial stuff.

That's very cool that Urban is into PCs. To me songs like Metal Monster or Steel Tormentor are more about my computer then cars lol.