Hurricane Guitars

Horus

and his imaginary friend
Mar 4, 2005
Atlantis
Do they still make them? Because I decided that I want one for the sake of saying "I have the most 80's guitar ever made by man.":headbang:

I believe they died in the 80's, along with perms and spandex...I've tried finding stuff about them a long time ago when I first got into Becker and Cacophony and came up dry..

The only thing I can tell you is that they were made by Morris Instruments in Japan in the 80's and there rare as fuck, although they do come up on ebay once in a great while, and actually go pritty cheep, or have in the past, I don't think theres a set market value for them, there worth what someone willing to pay basically. Theres 2 Hurricane basses on there now, but I have a fealing there a bit more common.

My other guitarrist actually has a hurricane, and it either sounds like shit, or sounds fucking awesome. Depending on what amp you're playing it through. But I dont know why, but I want one SO BADLY!!!!

We're talking about the guitars that Marty Friedman and Jason Becker used in recording the Cacophony albums.

RobbM said:
and theres a good chance you or I never will, there that rare...
My other guitarrist OWNS one. I'll get a picture of him with it next time I see him with it. (Guitar Lesson or whatnot)

How much do Carvin custom shops cost? And can you still order 'em with the Jackson knock off headstock?

I just got a old Hurricane guitar , pointy headstock, sharkfin inlays ,seafoam green & a kahler trem !! METAL