Hypocrisy - Change of Styles and Themes?

(__Joonas__)

† Followed the Reaper †
Mar 23, 2005
Finland
Hi,

I'm a fan of Hypocrisy but I'm not a pro. I'm aware of their style changes, from black metal to melodic death, and theme changes, from Satan worshipping to aliens to something else, and I want someone to tell me more about this or has Peter spoken about this in some interviews?

I love the alien theme, he should take it back to the music, it's mysterious and compelling, and a real phenomena that's still under secrecy from the public.

Wellcome on board, (__Joonas__)!

Yes, you're right. From the early 90's main theme of Hypocrisy has changed from satanic (only Panatralia & Osculum) to aliens and even social queastions (beginning from The 4th Dimensions). Some parallel themes like drugs and diseases are shown too. Everything about you want to know is discussed in many interviews of previous years. You may check their officical site or google.

As for me I like everything that Peter does. And sometimes I like to read lyrics, it can be seen that such things and phenomena of our life in society are described by man very experienced in life.

Also 'T4D" & "TFC" are considered as having influence of BM. I don't want to say that it is pure black riffs, but maybe only atmosphere or mixture of something with something.

Also 'T4D" & "TFC" are considered as having influence of BM. I don't want to say that it is pure black riffs, but maybe only atmosphere or mixture of something with something.

but it's not correct to say that "at the beginning he was playing black, and then started to play death" - this is nonsense! Hypocrisy was always DM-band! :Shedevil:

well, thats true, Hypocrisy was a death metal band... for me Osculum Obscenum is in some way a "death-black" metal album oriented, more than any other album