I drew Devin Townsend

Godhead59

Dim Sam
Jun 6, 2006
Harlequin Forest
Click here.
There are many mistakes and fuck-ups here, like the beard came out wrong and my hair drawing still isn't really impressive, and his right eye's lid came out way too amplified. Still, I think it is better than my other portraits and keeps me hopeful for future ones.

It's really good! I wish you didn't point out that stuff, or I wouldn't've even noticed. I recall taking a look at your gallery a while ago. Great stuff.

great job man. I created Devin on a wrestling game I used to have and thought I had him down pretty good but nothing compared tohow you did. And I agree, his hair is pretty ugly.
Really? That sounds wicked, I'd love to play a videogame with Townsend as my character!And Thank you very much!

What's that cheeky bastard up to nowadays anyway? His hiatus is longer than I expected.

Devin plans to release a new solo album in late 2008. Devin has stated the following on his official forums regarding this new album:

“Yo... A hugely complicated, dynamic metal 'symphony' thing...mainly instrumental... (Except for the choir vocal type shit). 72 minutes long. I've already started it, and it's far over the top...the most complex thing to date. Tentative title: 2. (Ziltoid was 1)...whatever it's called, it's going to have a '2' in the upper right hand corner. Maybe by December? Seriously...FAR over the top...TONS of guitar...TONS of solos...TONS of layers, some Devlab / Hummer bits, some beauty, some hell...no breaks between songs...some super clean quiet bits... No Ziltoid wackiness... I see it as a real DIY honest, adult thing. I want to write symphonies, but I'm a metal head, so here we go. I find it really natural. Making music without touring IS a break as far as I'm concerned...”

Devin also stated this on his forums on Wednesday, April 30, 2008:

“I have songs... A Monday, Coast, Disruptr, The Way Home, Lady Helen, Synchronicity Freaks, Gato Negro, Demon League. Thinking very hard...The record may be called 'Ki' or 'Ki-Ra' It's very different and very special...very strange...very minimal...deeply satisfying and sometimes very heavy in a 'new' way...it may be too dark for some. I've worked on this record more than almost any record I've ever done next to Ocean Machine. Sometimes I think it's brilliant and sometimes it freaks me out. I have an ambient record in the works as well. (That one is a ways away though...). Konrad, who did the Hummer and Devlab art, is doing this layout and videos and he is doing an AMAZING job.”

Taken from wikipedia.

WOW WOW WOW....amazing......that is perfect I think.....awesome man......u really got talent.......never give it up..Keep drawing bro.......PEAC EOUT

Cool. I prefer just build up with value other than the smudged look but still it's a good job. I might draw someone. I already painted Mikael so I don't know... maybe Fredrik Thorendal?

Devin plans to release a new solo album in late 2008. Devin has stated the following on his official forums regarding this new album:

“Yo... A hugely complicated, dynamic metal 'symphony' thing...mainly instrumental... (Except for the choir vocal type shit). 72 minutes long. I've already started it, and it's far over the top...the most complex thing to date. Tentative title: 2. (Ziltoid was 1)...whatever it's called, it's going to have a '2' in the upper right hand corner. Maybe by December? Seriously...FAR over the top...TONS of guitar...TONS of solos...TONS of layers, some Devlab / Hummer bits, some beauty, some hell...no breaks between songs...some super clean quiet bits... No Ziltoid wackiness... I see it as a real DIY honest, adult thing. I want to write symphonies, but I'm a metal head, so here we go. I find it really natural. Making music without touring IS a break as far as I'm concerned...”

Devin also stated this on his forums on Wednesday, April 30, 2008:

“I have songs... A Monday, Coast, Disruptr, The Way Home, Lady Helen, Synchronicity Freaks, Gato Negro, Demon League. Thinking very hard...The record may be called 'Ki' or 'Ki-Ra' It's very different and very special...very strange...very minimal...deeply satisfying and sometimes very heavy in a 'new' way...it may be too dark for some. I've worked on this record more than almost any record I've ever done next to Ocean Machine. Sometimes I think it's brilliant and sometimes it freaks me out. I have an ambient record in the works as well. (That one is a ways away though...). Konrad, who did the Hummer and Devlab art, is doing this layout and videos and he is doing an AMAZING job.”

Taken from wikipedia.

YAY!!! But wikipedia??? I'm skeptical...