I hate iLok

TheWinterSnow

Den Mørke Natt
Oct 22, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Been spending the past few hours trying to get my god damn iLok to work. Its never really worked, for years if I removed it and plugged it back in, my computer wouldn't recognize it until I reinstalled the drivers, every time.

Now I am trying to install my license for slate digital and the iLok client will not recognize my iLok even though I installed the lastest client and drivers. But sometimes when trying to install the drivers or client the install freezes up. Computer is recognizing my iLok, their stupid fucking software just doesn't know how to act.

Srsly, their software is more glitchy than a Besthesda game.

/rant

I think vcc needs ilok2. Dont know about trigger and fgx.

Maybe your ilok is just fucked.

You could always buy a new one and register it in your account and then move all your licenses on that one

Apparently iLok makes no mention that their site is not compatible with Chrome. Worked instantly on Firefox.

Still between Slate and iLok, the product bought couldn't have been any less user friendly.

Dude that sucks, I feel ya on stuff that doesn't work. Nothing more irritating than finding out shit doesn't work.

It was flawless for me though.

That said, I would love one of those new iloks because I have held one and they feel a bit sturdier than the old ones (I have 2 old ones, fucking horse shit, haha).

in general i think ilok is great, it's damn buggy though.

first, before you install any ilok software, disable any anti virus/firewall programs, these cause about 90% of all problems with ilok.

then the ilok page is buggy and old as hell. it works with an older 3.xx version of firefox.
anything never or any other browser does not work for me.

cheers
S.

I'm on a mac and have never had one single problem with my ilok ever. Much easier than messing about with serial numbers, challenge/response etc imo.

The iLok website on Firefox won't work for me, I have to go to Internet Explorer to download licenses etc... Currently waiting for my new iLok2.

I hear that its a 50/50. Stories of the iLok drivers not working and others never having a problem. I like the idea itself, but, its such a pain in the ass in its current state.

Ilok is the simplest thing ever. I update the drivers every month and take it with me wherever I'm working. So straightforward, there's nothing to it.

The iLok website on Firefox won't work for me, I have to go to Internet Explorer to download licenses etc... Currently waiting for my new iLok2.

the new firefox works, just update.

I LOVE iLok, I can take my licenses to any studio in the world, download the software I need and work like I'm sitting in my own chair

im having some problems with ilok and vcc as well. i try to open an instance of vcc in cubase or open a project that has one or more and it doesnt recognize it i have to try several times remove the ilok, put it back etc till it works. (the ilok2)
Problem is i dont have time these days to figure it out, but i will try as soon as things settle down

I feel like PACE is the last company that should be dealing with people's multi-thousand dollar software collections. Still haven't used my Slate stuff because it's been such a pain in the ass.

I'm on a mac and have never had one single problem with my ilok ever. Much easier than messing about with serial numbers, challenge/response etc imo.

Same here. It's just like anything else that's computer related, follow the instructions and it works like a charm. If I didn't have an iLok, the migration process to my Mac Pro would have taken like 3.2 years.

My new iLok 2 has been giving me problems too. Nevermind the website, it keeps disappearing from my Mac. Inserting a ilok authorized plugin like PodFarm locks up Reaper.
I've been fighting it for a week. fucking annoying!

yea i should check which drivers i have as well. Its pretty annoying i havent even installed cubase 6 yet because when something is fucking up im never in the mood of installing something new. i just need time to figure this stuff out but i know what you guys are saying; nothing as annoying as when this stuff craps out.

Weird, never had even the slightest hint of problems with either of my 4 iloks.
Firefox 4 couldn't be used for their page, but they've fixed that now.

I wish my channelstrip license would be on the ilok instead of connected to my hard drive.
Sorry to hear about your problems thought, but I find it difficult to believe that it's the iloks fault tbh

Weird, never had even the slightest hint of problems with either of my 4 iloks.
Firefox 4 couldn't be used for their page, but they've fixed that now.

I wish my channelstrip license would be on the ilok instead of connected to my hard drive.
Sorry to hear about your problems thought, but I find it difficult to believe that it's the iloks fault tbh

+1