I have a new baby too!

Tarkus

I love run on sentences
Feb 11, 2002
Murray, Ut
Visit site
Here's my new bundle of joy! I just brought her home today.

walnut-viper-frnt.jpg

Of course this is not nearly as special as Dustin and Sherrie's little angel, but I couldn't help myself! :D

Very nice!

Funny, I've just added one of these to my small brood:

BRONZE_WLB1.jpg

Dunno if lord of the low-end thump Dustin has any opinions to offer?

@ Marc: you know my opinon on those things... best guitar on the market. GO JOE! :p

@ Luna: Not much a BC Rich fan myslef (for bass that is) I always find them to be a bit too clunky/heavy and the tone tends to be too round for my taste on the lower-end models.

However, the BC Rich Warlock has always been a classic bass, and does play well - and nothing screams more METAL. I mean look at that thing, that is metal! Notice what Blackie from W.A.S.P. used to play... and let us not forget D.D. from Overkill, his sound is unmistakable, and that sound is coming through that Bat-like warlock he's got!

\m/
Dustin

Fair comments, and I do admit to it being a low-end as BC Rich's go (it is a Bronze series bass), but it's a nice step up from my Y2K-vintage Silvertone Precision copy (a bargain-basement bass if ever there was one). Once I broke the strings in - just the factory roundwounds, don't know if you'd have an upgrade suggestion, Dustin - I was quite impressed with the sound, it is round and rather punchy without a whole lot of deep warmth, but I was expecting that from a Warlock, they're not very subtle. It does play nicely, I just find myself clipping the pickups with my fingers a bit. Other than that, and its natural top-heaviness on the strap thanks to the big cutaway behind the bridge, it's very nice to play, I'm very happy with it for the price.

And yes, I did dust off W.A.S.P.'s 'The Crimson Idol' in celebration! Blackie was always a BC Rich man, and if I recall correctly they were the only electric basses and guitars used in the recording of that (awesome) album.

Finally, you're right - Warlocks just scream "METAL!" at the top of their metaphorical lungs. They've proven adaptable to many other styles, but the look is always there and metal is simply what they do best. Plus, in my experience, Warlock basses aren't hugely common, at least in public, unlike the guitars, and I've always wanted one in the back of my mind. And now thanks to the Bronze series I can actually afford one, and it's not disappointed me at all. :)

@ Marc: I hope to see (and hear) your new baby in action soon!

I've been giving it shaken baby syndrome at recent rehearsals. Dustin? Didn't John Patitucci play a black Warlock with widow headstock on the last Chick Corea album? Just checking......