I have found something that might interest you, kind sir

Gadlor

Herald of Homoerotic Fury
Aug 10, 2002
Aruba
I was looking around at CD's I wanted to buy today aaaaaaaand - I'm not sure if it's officially supposed to be up there or not, but lookie what I found:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/skyfire

let's just say it's delicious and leave it at that. AHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! :worship:

So, this is officially released now? I would try buying it, but it is late and I am tired. Not a good thing when listening to one of your favourite bands releases for the first time. If so, I know what I am doing first thing when I get up.

Also, do you know if the Esoteric track from the EP will be exactly identical to the full length release? I am wondering for last.fm tagging purposes.

It's legit. In a few weeks it will be on iTunes, Rhapsody, Napster, Amazon, etc so you can get it now I guess or you can wait.

And yeah, the track "Esoteric" is the album version mixed by Jonas.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking FINALLY. 5 years, 4 tracks. These fuckers better be good.

edit: Is that $3.99 per song or for the album. I'm buying it after work anyway but GOD DAMN if this EP costs over $10. :mad:

:kickass:

The Transgressor Within is a silly title, but a rocking song. I think it's my favorite out of the bunch. Just overall very satisfying - the verse, chorus, and intro rub my nuts until they are shiny.

The solo in Bereaved in Denial is also beatoffworthy. :danceboy::danceboy::hotjump:

I'm not as big a fan of The Land of the Wolves - the chorus is really strong but WHATEVER ITS NEW SKYFIRE MUSIC HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA

ps: it's 3.99 for the album.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking FINALLY. 5 years, 4 tracks. These fuckers better be good.

edit: Is that $3.99 per song or for the album. I'm buying it after work anyway but GOD DAMN if this EP costs over $10. :mad:

Nope it's only 4 bucks for teh whole thing 320 kbps too so it will sound dec.

Please pass that link to your friends and such guys.

AAAGH the market is a boring wench when I have new Skyfire sitting right in front of me, purchased, waiting patiently for my... "attention"...

Gadlor: Is it as power metally and wonderfully melodic as it was a half-decade ago, or have they gone the route of a more interesting version of metalcore (COB, Norther, etc...)?

Gadlor: Is it as power metally and wonderfully melodic as it was a half-decade ago, or have they gone the route of a more interesting version of metalcore (COB, Norther, etc...)?

Definitely leaning more to the former. Some blend between progressive and power metal. A lot of the choruses are simply FURIOUS with melody. There's a ton going on in all of the songs. It's some weird conglomeration of Spectral & Timeless Departure, basically. Some of the bridges are reminiscent of Spectral but there's almost constant power-metal lead work happening.

You'll have to form your own opinion but I like it a lot. I'm curious how much this stuff will actually sound like Esoteric since they're leftovers from Spectral. It sounds like Esoteric is even more in a power metal vein than these songs.

I just noticed what the chorus on "The Land of the Wolves" sounds like - Chaos Feeds Life! hahaha. (yes i can listen to music at work, suck it!)

The introduction of solos is also pretty sweet, I can't lie.

Definitely leaning more to the former. Some blend between progressive and power metal. A lot of the choruses are simply FURIOUS with melody. There's a ton going on in all of the songs. It's some weird conglomeration of Spectral & Timeless Departure, basically. Some of the bridges are reminiscent of Spectral but there's almost constant power-metal lead work happening.

You'll have to form your own opinion but I like it a lot. I'm curious how much this stuff will actually sound like Esoteric since they're leftovers from Spectral. It sounds like Esoteric is even more in a power metal vein than these songs.

I just noticed what the chorus on "The Land of the Wolves" sounds like - Chaos Feeds Life! hahaha. (yes i can listen to music at work, suck it!)

The introduction of solos is also pretty sweet, I can't lie.

Lol I got a few minutes to myself and a pair of earbuds. Just listened to The Land of the Wolves, and somehow, after 5 years, it EXCEEDED my expectations. Jesus tap-dancing christ I forgot music like this could be made after 2004. Loved every second. Shall listen to the rest now.

Just listened to The Land of the Wolves, and somehow, after 5 years, it EXCEEDED my expectations.

Haha, was the same way for me... Honestly at first listen this shouldn't be so good. I think they will grow as well :kickass:

It is really so fucking weird to hear something new after the years.

Yeah so the whole EP just blew me away. When I listen to bands that turned me on to the music I listen to now - bands like Children of Bodom, Norther, Skyfire, Soilwork, In Flames, Dark Tranq, etc., it always feels like this: Every new disc comes along and even though I like it, it's not quite what I found alluring about the band in the first place, nor what makes the band so great (save Kalmah, who's essentially made the same great album 5 times :)) But upon listening to this Fractal EP, I think all of these songs would fit right in on Timeless Departure.

I haven't heard this genre of music done well in a LOOOOOOONG time. Hail whatever entity Skyfire answer to.