i see the ghosts of moderators

@hopkins: cheesy power chords and iron maiden shouldn't be in the same sentence. not that they weren't in your post, while in fact they are now in mine. *system breaks down*

@magsec: do we have the means to contact the new guy yet? if so, i'd go for mailing him with the request and sending mark a copy as an act of kindness for the work he's done so far. can you maybe contact xenophobe and send him a link to this thread first, so we have more firepower (chords) on our side?

rahvin said:
@hopkins: cheesy power chords and iron maiden shouldn't be in the same sentence. not that they weren't in your post, while in fact they are now in mine. *system breaks down*

@magsec: do we have the means to contact the new guy yet? if so, i'd go for mailing him with the request and sending mark a copy as an act of kindness for the work he's done so far. can you maybe contact xenophobe and send him a link to this thread first, so we have more firepower (chords) on our side?
I think you pwnt yourself there Rahv. :)

Lina said:
I made a thread announcing this on my board, because the many members who've questioned me privately as to why he hasn't been banned deserved an answer. Russell came along and deleted that sticky and told me Mark is on holiday in Australia...where they apparently don't have computers...?

Just keeping the peace :) I didn't think a sticky saying that Mark ignored your requests to ban Profanity, posted while he was on holiday (and probably not wanting to have to deal with UM when he should be on a break) was overly constructive.

I also gave you the date he returned (as I still don't think it's fair to expect him to deal with UM stuff while he should be getting away from it!) and told you to get in touch if he didn't get back to you after then, so I could ask him about it when we spoke. Which you didn't do. I think it's a bit late now, but hopefully Deron will let you know of his decision when he's taken over :)

I hate to put shot to your conspiracy theories, but Profanity was also posting while Mark was on the plane :wave:

rahvin said:
well, no. the only things i might end up deleting are blatant, manifest racist or exceedingly vulgar remarks that are not a joke or stuff that makes the board hard to browse. i never deleted anything else aside from obvious mistakes.
so if you start insulting someone, even in a harsh way, i'm not going to intervene in any way - except maybe by expressing my opinion. so i think you're pretty safe here unless you intend to start fifty threads within ten minutes or something equally unfunny.
That's why I love teh moderatorini (he's italian, you know?) I also support moderators having the power to ban people :)

I don't spam here much but if one of the forum's member told you how I can spam their private life you would ban me instantly

rahvin said:
believe me, you wouldn't want me to moderate your private life. ;)
I think people would say I do actually need a moderator in my life only because I'm trying to moderate others' lives... :erk:

Skald said:
I think people would say I do actually need a moderator in my life only because I'm trying to moderate others' lives... :erk:
yeah, i think i get what you mean. :erk: unfortunately, i suck at keeping things at bay when it's time for them to be sedated.
i'm ok when it comes to open pandora's box and unleash all the evils upon the world; i'm at my best when it comes to fighting losing battles against said evils; my star starts to wane when it's time to rebuild civilization. :(

rahvin said:
yeah, i think i get what you mean. :erk: unfortunately, i suck at keeping things at bay when it's time for them to be sedated.
i'm ok when it comes to open pandora's box and unleash all the evils upon the world; i'm at my best when it comes to fighting losing battles against said evils; my star starts to wane when it's time to rebuild civilization. :(
So you are the best possible moderator for this bunch of freaks
*We look at you afraid to see what we really are*

Russell said:
I also gave you the date he returned (as I still don't think it's fair to expect him to deal with UM stuff while he should be getting away from it!) and told you to get in touch if he didn't get back to you after then, so I could ask him about it when we spoke. Which you didn't do. I think it's a bit late now, but hopefully Deron will let you know of his decision when he's taken over :)
You wrote me a weaseling little PM, "guesstimating" his return date and otherwise keeping me at bay, or so it seemed. And since my messages regarding Profanity before Mark went to Australia were also ignored, I had no reason to think anyone was taking this seriously. At the very least, if Mark was going to shirk his duties because of the impending handover, the moderators (or at least those directly contacting him) should have been informed, to avoid this situation.