I WANT SPIRAL ARCHITECT

"Azgairrrrrr,Azgeirrrrrrrrrr".haha.I have a bootleg of a Testament show with you on drums,and Chuck making some fun out of your name...must be great playing with your idols...

Guess it's good news then that Lars and Steinar recorded some new riffs in my studio on Tuesday. We have officially started working on our second album.

- Asgeir

All I can say is AWESOME!!!!!! I'm currently waiting for their first album on order, but I've heard enough to know they're one of the best bands EVER!!! Cannot wait for the new one, hopefully now some regular news on their website...

it sure helps when the Rock Machine Industry forks out tons upon tons of money to them to support making more over-produced computer metal because its marketable right now to turds across the universe in every lame magazine and website....... UNTIL the music industry needs to recreate more fads and images to generate money and curb the boredom of their captive music consumers. an endless collecting of bullshit.

hell, most of these "technical" bands cant even write a memorable riff that doesnt sound like a 9th generation testament / generic slayer riff. no identity at all other than sterile super production that isolates every instrument so well its like listening to a robot... and most of the "real" technical bands write songs so masturbatory that none of them are worth remembering (re: spastic ink).

its not like it was that hard to write spiral architect stuff, i mean i see new albusm by killswtich and other technical metal bands every year.

i think perhaps they just have lost their talent.

it sure helps when the Rock Machine Industry forks out tons upon tons of money to them to support making more over-produced computer metal because its marketable right now to turds across the universe in every lame magazine and website....... UNTIL the music industry needs to recreate more fads and images to generate money and curb the boredom of their captive music consumers. an endless collecting of bullshit.

hell, most of these "technical" bands cant even write a memorable riff that doesnt sound like a 9th generation testament / generic slayer riff. no identity at all other than sterile super production that isolates every instrument so well its like listening to a robot... and most of the "real" technical bands write songs so masturbatory that none of them are worth remembering (re: spastic ink).

First I don't think "Rock Machine Industry" is much interested in Tech-Metal. Spiral Architect couldn't get another contract with any label no even with their previous (Sensory) label and I assume that this is one of the reasons why they couldn't afford to release a second album during all these past 7 years. I remember one post where they said that “A Sceptic's Universe" was not a good sale at all.

Secondly Tech-Metal Riffs are the continuation of 80s and 90s Thrash-Speed-Death Metal bands technically improved as well, forgetting bands like Testament and Slayer never was meant. Although there is still much to discover in the endless sea of freedom that such Tech-Metal style provide.

And ultimately the idea of insolating every instrument is called with the term of Polyphony and is an ancient resource been used since or before (I’m not sure) Renaissance and is hard to find that any intelligent music nowadays lacks of such element. In others words you will find polyphony in music like Jazz, Fusion, Classic, etc.

Hi I just wanted to say that I'm very angry with my Favorite band
Cause for six years I'm hearing the same tracks over and over again I play them over and over again!!! Why is so difficult to make the next step, the second album? I was a new bassist in progressive metal with no exp. in this kind, they maked me the bassist I am, and today Im ready to make my First rec. in studio with 14 tracks with a nice band and they havent make nothing for six years, WHY? I don't care about the other bands they've been I WANT SPIRAL ARCHITECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephen:headbang:

The path of Virtue is narrow and full of thorns (Something that we should know).

Good to be here, Progmetalpilgrim. I love Spiral Architect. I am glad that they are finally ready to release a new album. I hope it will be as good as "A Sceptic's Universe." And hopefully the audio production will be a little more modern.