I went back in time and voted for ANAL CUNT

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
i'm preppifying a little and posting from my journal, so if you don't like it, nyah!

Tom and I arrived at Bill's Bar very early for the Anal Cunt show--the bar wasn't even set up yet. Hardcore kids were milling around, and finally we decided to play some pool for a while--AC wasn't even slated to go on for three more hours.
So we missed a couple of metalcore-type bands, no big deal; we got back in time to see ADOLF SATAN, and they sounded pretty much just like you'd expect from their name. The singer looked like a fat, fortyish, cracked-out Steven Wright, and he'd mumble song titles into the mike before embarking on seemingly directionless screaming jags. I wanted an ADOLF SATAN button for the sheer novelty value, but they didn't seem to have any merch. Understandably.

Then AC took the stage--I have to confess, I'm amazed they didn't cancel or break up right before they went on, for once. This is, what, the fourth time I've tried to see them, only to have them evaporate in one way or another?

xxanalcunt1.jpg

xxanalcunt2.jpg

Their first two or three songs were unintelligible, of course, but some of the kids in the front seemed to recognize them, and screamed along. I was beginning to wonder if the best part of AC's songs (the humorous titles and lyrics) were going to be completely lost, when Seth Putnam stopped singing and shouted, "ANY WIGGERS OUT THERE? THIS SONG IS FOR ALL THE FUCKING WIGGERS. IT'S CALLED 'LIMP BIZKIT THINKS THEY'RE BLACK, BUT THEY'RE JUST FUCKING GAY'!"

xxanalcunt3.jpg

And the show just improved from there. A high point was certainly "Hitler Was A Sensitive Man", which had the whole crowd shouting along to the chorus.

HITLER WAS A SENSITIVE MAN

HE WENT TO ART SCHOOL WHEN HE WAS YOUNGER
HE WANTED TO BE A PAINTER
HITLER WAS A VEGETARIAN
HE WAS ALSO A NON SMOKER

HE HIRED GAY AND HANDICAPPED OFFICERS
HE WAS CONCERNED ABOUT OVERPOPULATION
IF HITLER WAS ALIVE TODAY
HE'D LISTENED TO THE CURE, THE SMITHS, AND DEPECHE MODE

People were fist-pumping like crazy, screaming HIT LER! HIT LER! After a few pumps, you'd see the fist flatten out into a stiff-armed salute, but after three or four sieg-heils, they seemed to realise "Oh, shit!" and turned back into fist-pumping. I saw multiple people do this over the course of the night.

analcunt4.jpg

The mike kicked out midway through the song twice, and Seth Putnam declared that it must be a "Jewish microphone".

Some other highlights were 'Even Though Your Culture Oppresses Women, You Still Suck, You Fucking Towelhead' ("We wrote this long before 9-11, so don't accuse us of jumping on any bandwagon") and "Woman, Nature's Punching Bag".

And, of course, I've never been to a hardcore show where somebody didn't end up bloody; AC's drummer stepped up to the plate last night.

xxanalcunt6.jpg

So I'm glad I FINALLY got to see AC, and the night was both funny and entertaining and only a little disturbing.

Inaccurate and incomplete track list:

* Because You're Old
* Limp Bizkit Think They're Black, But They're Just Gay
* Theme from the A-Team
* Your Kid Committed Suicide Because You Suck
* Hitler Was A Sensitive Man
* Into The Oven
* Even Though Your Culture Oppresses Women, You Still Suck You Fucking Towelhead
* Body By Auschvitz
* Being Ignorant Is Awesome
* Anyone Who Likes The Dillinger Escape Plan Is A Faggot
* I Went Back In Time And Voted For Hitler
* 311 Sucks
* Woman, Nature's Punching Bag
* Chris Barnes Is A Pussy
* You're Gay
* Kyle From Incantation Has A Mustache

I missed em last time they came out here, but I heard it kinda sucked so whatever. too many people just going to gawk and watch (hopefully) fucked up shit go down. whatever.

yeah, some guy ran forward and struck putnam on the head twice during the show. shit almost went down.

putnam also got pissed because they wouldnt turn the vox monitors higher. shit almost went down.

i'm impressed at the memory!

there was a 'best of' seth thread over on the relapse board a while ago, and some people were mentioning that seth was thinking of compiling a book of AC tour stories... or at least, people were trying to talk him into doing one. i'd buy it in a second, even though i have mixed feelings about all of it.

anyhow the thread turned into magic when this story was posted:

seth has his face tattooed on at least two girls that I know of.

funny story RE: the topic of this thread. . .Playing a show in New London CT with TREE a chick drags along her boyfriend to the show so she can meet AC (well, Seth really). He's hanging out in the parking lot drinking all the beer they brought for the band and making out with her before the show. During the show Tim's floor tom collapses and, before he can set it back up, Seth grabs it and throws it Fred Flintsone-style into the crowd, hitting the chick in the arm. I think she managed to stop the bleeding pretty quickly. He went home with her that night and the boyfriend was looking pretty beat after they had split.

i think the best part of that night was watching Seth and everybody in Tree chase this black guy down the street after he sold Seth some bad coke. Seth was wearing a floral print bathrobe he had bought in NYC. It looked like the final credits for a benny hill episode.

i can't stop laughing when i read that