Ideas for a possible special edition of the next Threshold album

LavagesOfTime

evangelist of Threshold
Mar 2, 2002
Rome, Italy
www.myspace.com
Hi everybody,

I'm pretty sure that many of you like the bands who put out limited special editions, with brilliant extras and even gadgets.

Of course, Threshold has always been one of these since they moved to Inside Out, and I'm pretty happy with the extras they added to each release - bonus tracks, more booklet pages, special packaging, videos and so on.

Since our fabulous guys always want to go further and offer fresh, new stuff to their fans (with the Paradox box being the last effort in this way), we can help them suggesting what could be added to a possible special edition of the new cd, even just by saying "hey, I've bought the limited edition of XXXXX and they had some interesting extras".

We can just gather ideas here and then let the band decide.

For example, Gotthard's last album was in a box like the one of Paradox, and besides the predictable bonus tracks, it contained a lanyard and a tour pass replica: well, that was nice!

Other bands offer t-shirts (there was a bundle offer on the EMP website for the new Star One cd, for example), but this would be a bit more expensive.
Another welcome extra, that instead doesn't cost much to the band, could be a sticker.

Any other idea?

(please, avoid those uninteresting comments like: "I'm happy with everything they will offer, the most important thing is the music" - we all think so, obviously!)

I'd love a short DVD with clips from their last tour, in a special edition.
But I'd also vote for the coffee mug ;)

Seriously, I would love a necklace with the split T. They could make it available as part of a limited edition. Musically, I felt that Dead Reckoning was a bit too straight ahead. So. I would love to see Threshold go back to being proggier, break away from the mould, more adventurous with the arrangements without sacrificing melody, longer guitar solos which sounds complete as opposed to a lot of the songs on DR having those short guitar solos. Sorry had to bring this up here. But I felt it was important to refresh Karl and Rich's memory! ;-)

I think live material would be great. Or even a small section with verbal errors, false singing and so on. Just some jokes.
I'd love to have Thresh Patch on my jacket ;) And a bottle of Thresh-Beer ;)
What's lovely to is a big figure maybe in the Split T form and the disks are in it. So you can show it up in a rack.
More ideas anyone?

huh, what about a 7' single to be paired to the cd? It could be a good chance to have Threshold on vinyl!

Yeah, a vinyl would be nice. Even better? Releasing the album in 12" too.

I vote for a personalized coffeemug! ;)
Alright, will settle for a sticker. They are cool too!

I'd really like a coffee mug! But I think it's too risky, it'd probably break during the shipping.

I'd love a short DVD with clips from their last tour, in a special edition.
But I'd also vote for the coffee mug ;)

Usually DVDs is the extra bonus material, which is fine, but I'd like something else.

Seriously, I would love a necklace with the split T. They could make it available as part of a limited edition.

Yes! When Borknagar released Universal, the ltd. box (which I own :)) came with the digi CD, a necklace and a patch. Liner notes would be nice. A Threshold comic book? :D

I'd like to complete my Threshold collection with the band's three demos prior to Wounded Land. As Dream Theater did with the Majesty demos official bootleg, I'd love to Threshold to do something similar in the future. They are too good a band to have unreleased songs lying about. :worship:

Good luck with that one!

Obviously that was an idea for a bonus on the next album, but as I read tonight on Beyond Issue 2 (yes I've only read 2 issues so far but will hopefully read the others tomorrow before issue 7 is with us), Richard has stated that they won't be re-recording any older songs due to the naivety of the song writing, and I assume they will not see the light of day in any form...

Forgot to mention that, apart from some welcome live recordings, the new album can have a sort of "companion fan club cd", as it was replica with Subsurface, having Damian back means there's plenty of the backcatalogue to be re-recorded/rearranged/wirelessed.

Hi,

what I always like is what Arjen Lucassen does: a DVD with "behind the scenes"-material, videoclips, interviews. The Star One live DVD had some clips of the rehearsals. The Watershed-CD with DVD also had some material from the rehearsals, but after recording the album I guess. And great, what Mikael and Frederik played at Mikaels house.

Frank