If you dont like the path in flames is taking...

I think some of the songs off R2R are decent. Trigger and Drifter are kinda cool. The title track isn't bad. I kinda like the sing along choruses. However, when I think of IF, I think of songs like Dead Eternity, Lord Hypnos, Wayfaerer, etc. I guess I just miss those awesome leads. To me, it seems as if In Flames has run out of ideas musically and now has to resort to using electronic effects in the studio. The fact is, a lot of shit off reroute isn't stuff you can play live. It's my belief that if you can't play a song live because it has too many effects, the song then loses all of it's value in terms of adding to a band's musicianship.

Not that there's anything wrong with a little studio experimentation. Many people mentioned Death in terms of progressing without going "mainstream." Couldn't think of a better example of a band getting better without forgetting their roots. But one can't forget Cosmic Sea. An instrumental off the Human record in which many studio effects are used. A song that Chuck admits they never could have played live. Certaintly Human was never called a sellout. Wanna know why? Because it wasn't a song created to sell more records or to get more attention. Anyone who says that IF isn't trying to get a bigger fanbase with R2R is lying to themselves. Once you stop making music that comes from the heart, it's all over. Not that you can't create a catchy somewhat Metal tune after you've sold your soul, but it will never feel the same again.

BeyondtheUnholyGrave said:
The fact is, a lot of shit off reroute isn't stuff you can play live. It's my belief that if you can't play a song live because it has too many effects, the song then loses all of it's value in terms of adding to a band's musicianship.

Definitely agreed, they would need singing effects and enormous amounts of other effects on the reroute songs.
And then its not a live concert anymore, at least not a metal concert.

BeyondtheUnholyGrave said:
Wanna know why? Because it wasn't a song created to sell more records or to get more attention. Anyone who says that IF isn't trying to get a bigger fanbase with R2R is lying to themselves. Once you stop making music that comes from the heart, it's all over. Not that you can't create a catchy somewhat Metal tune after you've sold your soul, but it will never feel the same again.

I feel the same way, many bands lose their true touch when getting hit songs.
Its weird that In Flames didn't work more on the songs on RTR though.
In Flames would have topped hitlists if they did an inspired mainstream metal album.
The problem with Reroute is that it isn't even very catchy even in that sense.

i don't lke the direction that in flames is going, but i am sure as hell not gonna stop posting here, so "what cha gonna do when METALMANIA runs wild on you"? by the ways, if you like R2R, that's your problem, not mines. and i also happen to like clean vocals too (fear factory, soilwork, silent force, iron fire, sinergy......) and choruses as well as melodious guitar work. also, in regards to in flames touring with bigger more popular bands, how do you like it when a band that has creativity and talent to play the supporting role to a far more inferior band that has nothing in the aforementioned departments? i mean, honestly, you are going to tell me that in flames music is $hittier compared to scrapknot, junkvayne? i personally say that such a tour repulses me. on top of it, me paying to see in flames but having most of my money going to scrapknot and junkvayne is pathetic, i would rather have my money go to in flames. believe me, their are bands out there that have progressed in ways that would bust in flames back to the garage so fast, that it'll make their heads spin (iced earth, amon amarth, krisiun, cryptopsy, blind guardian, immolation, symphony x............). i have now posted such message and will continue to do so.

tal shiar agent 930

LordHypnos said:
You should probably stop posting here. I (and im sure the people who also enjoy new in flames material), are getting quite sick of the complaining going on by these people obsessed with the jester race, whoracle, and so on. In flames will not be making another one of those albums...please get over it or move on. In flames will be having choruses with clean vocals...please get over it or move on. In flames will be touring with bigger and more "popular" bands in the future...please get over it or move on. I figure most of you get the point. I will most likely not be coming back to this thread, for I do not need to look at all the angry and pointless replies i will be getting from the people i am currently addressing, however i might entertain some of you if you have valid points. Anyway, my reasoning for this thread is that i am tired of this message board being filled up with bitching and complaining from you ladies who want In flames to be trapped in 1997 for the rest of their lives. I think the message board should progress with the band it is based upon for the most part. I would not like to see the same thing happen to this in flames board, as the last one. thank you for your time.

-Joe Metal I rerouted...so can you.

God, this theme makes me angry and fucks me up! Why do WE (yes, WE, metal music lovers) have to throw shits on each other just for being humans and have different opinions? Sink into yourselves, fellows, this is not worthy for us! People may have individual views, but that's not cause for conflict among wisdom handling mates, who are walking in similar shoes...please, be loyal to each other! We are involved in a great something that's called music. MUSIC upon all!

it doesnt matter what you say someones just going to say something like "R2R is teh gay!!!!1!"

i dont have anything against people voicing their opinions, although sometimes you could do it in a less offensive manner.

by the way, it is pretty hard to come up with new melodies and songs in a genre that basically regurgitates and devours the minor scales over and over and over again. and the old E string chug.

Regurgitated Guts said:
bwhahahhahahhhahahahahah. LAME.

Trapped in 1997? what the fuck?

A band CAN progress without sucking so horribly.
In Flames just chooses the simple dumbed down path, not the progressive path. Just look at the discography of DEATH. They progressed too, but they didn't progress into suckedom. They got more progressive, more technical, etc... They didn't follow any kind of mainstream trend.

I'm not arguing that In Flames shouldn't have progressed.
I'm arguing that they've chosen unwisely on how to progress.

I think a band can PERSEVERE and preserve the essence of the band without betraying the groundwork the band was built upon... They could have at least changed the name of the band, started a new project or something....

N' Flaymz they are.... N' Flaymz they will be...
I was hoping their next album would bring back some credibility to the name IN FLAMES. If not, Oh well... There are many awesome newer bands out there that are releasing exciting slabs of metaldom, progressing the metal genre into new uncharted territory that is actually worth listening to. (Omnium Gatherum, Aggaloch, etc?) Not to mention, metal bands that are able to release new and completely DIFFERENT albums while not watering their music down with keyboards and also keeping their integrity (The Haunted, The Crown, etc)
Beg to differ .I highly respect the band's exploring and new artistic visions.I like both their old and new stuff, therefore I REALLY like the band.And what that crap N'Flaymz mean anyway ?