ILIUM "My Misanthropia" video teaser / Lance King vox

MEGALOUD

The Nightmare Has Begun..
Check out the new video teaser with art and track clips from the new ILIUM album "My Misanthropia". Album release, Tues. March 24th!

I'm singing on the entire album, you can read more and order it now at Nightmare HERE also on iTunes and [ame="http://www.amazon.com/My-Misanthropia-Ilium/dp/B00UDSDDPI"]Amazon[/ame] for pre-order!

The sixth release from melodic heavy metal band ILIUM draws from a wide range of US, British and Euro traditional heavy and power metal styles, with dark lyrical themes from various mythologies, legends and the depths of depression. Successfully marrying many different sub-genres into their own version of traditional metal.

"My Misanthropia" features a new man at the front in vocalist Lance King and will be released digitally on March 24th and available for pre-sales via iTunes before release. The first CD version (only 1000 copies) will be released as a "Limited Edition Double Digipak" including bonus CD "Wendigo" (5 Tracks) including three originals and two very special remakes; "Tragedy" - (The Bee Gee's) and "Love is All" - (Roger Glover / Ronnie James Dio).

Last edited by a moderator:
Today IS THE DAY…"My Misanthropia" is OFFICIALLY released. GET IT NOW you metal freaks! Here's another location for just that!

Note, you can hear samples from EVERY SONG including the bonus tracks on this listing. CDbaby does have a download version, but on a separate listing,
and it's worth looking for, since they also offer the album as a high resolution FLAC download.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ilium13

Rage on Thunderheads!

And then there were crickets...:zombie:
I too am a bit surprised there's not more discussion/buzz about the record. I think it's stronger than much of the power metal discussed here, with vocal work stronger than 99% of that which tends to make noise. Perhaps it comes down to which resonates more with the listener; music of vocals? For me, with power metal, I find I'm far more focused on the vocals. And to that end, there are a handful of vocalists whose work I'm almost guaranteed to gravitate towards.

I actually do have an interest in the band, since I picked up "Vespertilion" on the cheap a few years back and really enjoyed it. I think it is tough when a band like this doesn't have a huge following, particularly when there is so much competing for people's ears. Tho, I would think that Lance's involvement would drive some interest, particularly from this crowd.

Tho, I would think that Lance's involvement would drive some interest, particularly from this crowd.

Sort of what I was thinking too, but perhaps I was mistaken, or perhaps they're just not getting the step into the past with this albums sound. What can I say, the band asked, and the tunes reminded me of why I began enjoying metal in the first place.

It’s become increasingly difficult to determine will catch the collective ear of this forum. As we’ve all aged, our tastes have drifted, become more varied and specific. A few days back I posted a song I thought would have generated a fair amount of interest, but didn’t get a single reply. I also suspect it doesn’t help that the sheer volume of music released each week has become overwhelming for anyone still trying to keep up. I genuinely feel for artists, as they’re facing increased competition, while vying for the attention of a decreasing population of people who still buy records.

Trailer sounds good, haven't had a chance to check out the full stream yet...

The other issue is that this forum doesn't see anywhere near the traffic it used to, especially in the down months. I think the PPUSA Facebook page is seeing much more action, especially now that Glenn/Jen are posting to that page pretty much daily. Maybe once there is a full song posted on YT, you might ask Glenn if he can give it a boost on the FB page.

I picked this up a few days ago from Lasercd. Not sure if I like the "happy metal" keyboards. Its almost distracting. But, I'm only 5 songs in so far...
In saying that, I will continue to spin this today to see if anything sticks. It has Lance on vox, which is a big plus, and sitting here listening, it hasn't compelled me to shut it off, which many new cd's do.