IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Interesting song, it gets better and better after every listen. Good production,guitar driven,heavy verses and melodic chorus. I really liked Anders' cleans after 2nd chorus. The children choir was a bit strange for me,but I got used to it after several listens. The artwork reminds me of STYE. My first impression of Battles is positive ( except dull titles ) and I'm looking forward to hear the rest of it. Also, can anyone understand the whole lyrics?

"I got a new kind of fear something you don't want to view(?)
something something lead straight to misery
We cant undo what we have done
something something...

I cant tell you what to do this crossroad is something something
Do you think about The End
(Kids: Something something) and the emptiness is something something
Think about The End"

I cant man, haven't slept for over 35h cant concentrate enough haha.

Lyrics something along these lines:

I got a new kind of fear
Something you don't want to view
___ path that I can see leads straight to misery

We can't undo what we have done
Just face what's up ahead
We ride till we stumble
The fuse is lit you can not run now

I can't tell you what to do this crossroad is for all
But I know what will become
The out goes/outcome's on the run

Do you think about the end?
The words you say with your last breath
And the emptiness in space

Do you think about the end (as your last breath ___)

What if I say to you:
Lets leave this earth for a while
A perspective from the whole on the wheel we can't control

If the out goes/outcome's on the run

And the emptiness in space...

2x
When we were young
Was this the dream we had
We're celebrating nothing
We need to find our way back

(Choir)
When we were young
Was this the dream we had

Solo

If the out goes/outcome's on the run

Called the November release date! :) New song is really interesting, good after first listen. Really good production like always, and at least on this song, the cleans sound really awesome, they sound completely different than before. Melodies are on point. Nice mid-tempo song. 10 times better than Rusted Nail for sure. Also Blast_The_Virginborn I don't know what you are hearing, but those are not programmed drums lol. Niclas even posted a picture of the drummer when they were recording but only a body picture or feet or something.

EDIT: After 3 listens, it's really fucking good. Catchy in all the good ways, and some ''heavy verses'' where screams remind me a lot of Self vs Self with Pendulum.
But you liked rusted nail, so this must be an amazing song :p

I don't agree with your thoughts about production. SC was terribly produced and mixed.

And I agree, it has a vibe to pendulum.

Back to the ASOP sound it looks like. Not very impressive.

Also, I love this statement:

...a fairly straightforward In Flames song. Having said that, it’s a really positive vibe [to] the song. It’s not a slash-your-wrists kind of vibe; it makes you realize to just make sure you appreciate that moment.

So, finally admitting your MO nowadays has been to make music for scene kids to cut their wrists to, eh Bjorn?

Reactions: eochaid
My stab at the lyrics, pretty similar to Krofius but with some minor differences. I'm sure between us we've got it right :D there's only one part I really can't figure out, but oh well...

---

I got a new kind of fear
Something you don't want to view
Miss this path that I can see, it leads straight to misery

We can't undo what we have done
Just face what's up ahead
We fight and we stumble
The fuse is lit, you better run now

I can't tell you what to do
This crossroad is your own
But I know what we'll become
The outlaws on the run

The words you sing with your last breath

What if I say to you
Let's leave this Earth for a while?
A perspective from the (w)hole
Of one will we can't control

We'll be outlaws on the run

When we were young
Was this the dream we had?

When we were young

When we were young

We'll be outlaws on the run

Last edited:
Reactions: Seppo91 and Ilias7
After listening song a few hours later, it felt slightly better. And the cleans after second chorus is pretty good. Solo is super bad and irrelevant. Some of you guys talked about the song that being ripoff of Deliver Us but I cant see the connection. Is it riff vise or song structure vise?

Wow I don't really know what to think of it. In some parts it doesn't even sound like IF. the begining sounds like something from ASOP and the chorus...damn I didn't even think it was Anders at first. And the Drums are programmed for sure, and if not, then they are over produced. I will have to listen to it a few more times...

The solo is definitely the worst part of the song. Much like in all the SC songs, it feels tacked on and doesn't really fit in very well with the rest of the track. It's basically just something added in to make a gap between choruses, which isn't a great structural reason to include a solo.

This is what I expect from modern day In Flames.

Catchy and simple. But they did it RIGHT on this song. Unlike Siren Charms.

Melodic riffing, good screams, catchy and good atmosphere = Impressed. This is what Siren Charms should've been.

Kids choir and the portion of clean singing are a welcome addition.

You know why this song beats anything off Siren Charms? You can hear an EFFORT. You can actually hear at the least, there was SOME passion and energy went into it.

I like it a lot. I'm okay with In Flames going a more simple and catchy route...

If they're going to have more clean singing and go catchy, there must ALSO be; harsh screams, actual guitar melodies and some creativity/atmosphere to the songs.

They finally added those ingredients^ this time. Siren Charms lacked this mix.

I'm satisfied.

After listening song a few hours later, it felt slightly better. And the cleans after second chorus is pretty good. Solo is super bad and irrelevant. Some of you guys talked about the song that being ripoff of Deliver Us but I cant see the connection. Is it riff vise or song structure vise?

I still think that the two main parts sound like Delight And Angers and A New Dawn.

I also don't mind the way a lot of metal bands are adding these things like kids choirs and catchier almost um, poems, thrown in... As well as the way Anders cleans almost sound electronic at times in the song.

Fucking good.

Melodic riffing, good screams, catchy and good atmosphere = Impressed. This is what Siren Charms should've been.

You know why this song beats anything off Siren Charms? You can hear an EFFORT. You can actually hear at the least, there was SOME passion and energy went into it.

I like it a lot. I'm okay with In Flames going a more simple and catchy route...

If they're going to have more clean singing and go catchy, there must ALSO be; harsh screams, actual guitar melodies and some creativity/atmosphere to the songs.

I'm satisfied.

I'm satisfied with the song, not with the band. They sound like any other band writing good songs but without a spirit of its own. A band 22 years old should have their own path. Instead, they brought, as I said, a good catchy song, but nothing special.

And I wonder why Anders keep on singing things that he cannot sing without help at the studio.

I also don't mind the way a lot of metal bands are adding these things like kids choirs and catchier almost um, poems, thrown in... As well as the way Anders cleans almost sound electronic at times in the song.

Fucking good.

You're right, that's something that I only heard in some alternative rock (I'm thinking right now in 30 seconds to mars) and in Rammnstein's Mutter and Clawfinger (I don't remember the title of the album.)

As for Anders, probably his voice was "produced" to achieve a certain effect.

The solo is definitely the worst part of the song. Much like in all the SC songs, it feels tacked on and doesn't really fit in very well with the rest of the track. It's basically just something added in to make a gap between choruses, which isn't a great structural reason to include a solo.

Agreed, but I like how the rythm guitars change to intro the solo.

I'm satisfied.

I'm with you man. It may not be mind blowing, but compared to the shit that was churned out from the last album, I'll happily take this. The chorus on this one is a real earworm. I was actually reminded a little of Reroute to Remain (the album), with significantly better production and clean vocals. Look at tracks like Egonomic from that album - the chorus sounds like a fucking nursery rhyme, but it works. That's the kinda vibe I get from The End. The hardcore 90's crew will hate it, but as someone who appreciates modern In Flames I can dig it, even if it isn't on the same level as the shit they produced during the golden years.

Reactions: only4theweak187