In the Woods

Torquemada

May 12, 2002
Visit site
I just received In the Woods "Strange in Stereo" album.
I read a lot of good reviews from that album so I bought it blindfolded (never heard it before), it is not as good as I expected it is fucking AWESOME, too bad they have disbanded.

Get the whole discography.

IMO, their best is 'HEart of the Ages', but most people seem to like 'Omnio' the most.

But get everything including 'Return to the Isle of Men' and '3x7 on a Pilgrimmage'

Glad you found In the Woods. Definitely one of the best bands out of Norway.

@Torquemada: In the woods... is -no doubt- a perfect band... but it depends on your music taste, on your mood...... blah... blah so to love this band.........
Anyway I also suggest you to get In the woods... discography:)

i agree with Dreamlord. all ITW... albums are really great... my favourite is "...Omnio", because is platform between old metalish ITW... "Heart...", "Return to..." and later, more psychodelic rock albums "Strange..." and "3 times 7..."

3 times 7 has thier 7" from '96. I think it's one of my favorite 7"s.
On it is White Rabbit, and Mourning the Death of Aase. I only have one other 7 by them. I think my favorite is also omnio. Yet I love the screams on heart of the ages, sounds heartfelt.

Is 'Three times Seven on a Pilgrimage' based on Chaucher? Because the Canterbury Tales involve 21 people on a pilgrimage to Canterbury, and I think I heard somewhere that it was kind of based on that....

Originally posted by Dreamlord
There was suppose to be a recording of In the Woods last show put on CD. I wonder what happened.
As Jan K. said at their forum: it will be out on October most propably........ but Prophecy is still silent about that...