Inferno Festival

Darklorddany

Feb 25, 2010
I'm seriously thinking on crossing half world to attend to Inferno Festival since ( if all goes well ) there will play Borknagar and Arcturus, my two favourite bands and i will have the chance to know Oslo since i never been on Norway before.

I know, i have to wait 9 months yet. I usually prepare my itinerary as early as possible, and sooner i buy the airplane tickets, these will be cheaper, and of course i will travel with my gf so i have to buy 2 tickets, will be expensive, but it will worth, im sure.

Anyone here are thinking on attend to Inferno?

I've been there 3 times in a row now, and for me it's gotten more and more tedious, so I think I'll skip this one.

Edit: Oslo sucks. This year while we were sitting outside the train station a blind druggie fell down the stairs and smashed his head on the pavement. That is now what I think of when someone brings up going to Oslo.

Yeah, I'll be there ;)

Well, you and your band mates must be there, since that's one of the main reasons to travel so f****ng far!.

Well...we decided, i have booked the flight, i will be on Bologna 2 days, and then i will arrives to Oslo 3th April, but i dont have the flight to return yet, i think i will be there till Monday 9th, we will decide in the near future. Maybe one of that days we can meet some Borkie-UMForum users there. :p

Well, you and your band mates must be there, since that's one of the main reasons to travel so f****ng far!.

Well...we decided, i have booked the flight, i will be on Bologna 2 days, and then i will arrives to Oslo 3th April, but i dont have the flight to return yet, i think i will be there till Monday 9th, we will decide in the near future. Maybe one of that days we can meet some Borkie-UMForum users there. :p

Now Arcturus and/or Borknagar had better not cancel suddenly like Arcturus did with their last show..... :( Honestly that's one of the main reasons I am hesitating about going. I'm afraid to book flights or buy tickets and then have a cancellation like that happen....

Now Arcturus and/or Borknagar had better not cancel suddenly like Arcturus did with their last show..... :( Honestly that's one of the main reasons I am hesitating about going. I'm afraid to book flights or buy tickets and then have a cancellation like that happen....

Well..that idea crossed my mind a lot of times...but even if they cancel their show, we can say that was a good excuse to know some places on Oslo and take a vacation on Europe :p

Yeah, I'll be there ;)
REALLY???

Yeah, I'm thinking of going too, but the risk of buying the ticket and then have one of the bands cancelling the show is high (I guess). Maybe Jens can enlighten us on this.

Yeah, I'm thinking of going too, but the risk of buying the ticket and then have one of the bands cancelling the show is high (I guess). Maybe Jens can enlighten us on this.

I guess the same, is risky, but it is preferable to have a small chance instead of having nothing. And...well...i think there in Oslo i will can visit the Viking ships museum and other stuff...hahahaha

Yea! I'm sure no matter what it will be a wonderful trip, I'm sorry if I sounded negative!!!! And I'm sure both bands will play, and even if Arcturus cancelled, I can't imagine Borknagar will. I hope somebody from Arcturus can release some sort of statement to put fans' minds at ease about this. They have such a widespread global fanbase and I'd hate to think of how many people there are like me who are avoiding attending this show because they are afraid of the band pulling out.

I hope not a single one of these bands will cancel since I intend to fly to Oslo with two friends and my gf as well.
anybody knows if Simen is going to be the singer of Arcturus also, next to Borknagar?

Given our history, our tracking record and our reputation I really can't blame anyone for being scheptic. I also want you all to understand that absolutelly all our cancellations have been far from volunteer and to as much nuisance for us as for any of you. I would not have booked a headlining festival gig in my hometown if I had any concern at all that we would cancell it later, but then again it's always a risk. But a gig om my hometurf is mountains and oceans apart from the risk we take booking something like a South America tour. Remember that last time we played in Oslo we went through with the gig even though Lars was on the hospital with his GF who gave birth as we started the encore!!
I have no other information about Arcturus at this point then Simen singing, it was even Simen who booked Arcturus to Inferno, I would be surprised if he's been replaced...

I was really happy to hear both Arcturus and Borknagar would play, when they first announced it like months ago. Since 1 or 2 months, I've been trying to book the official hotel. I contacted them about 4 times in those 2 months, even used 2 different e-mail addresses. I didn't get any reply.

I then contacted the webmaster of the Inferno website (a guy named Lars) about 2 weeks ago, and I have yet to receive an answer.

Seems they don't want people to go?

I was really happy to hear both Arcturus and Borknagar would play, when they first announced it like months ago. Since 1 or 2 months, I've been trying to book the official hotel. I contacted them about 4 times in those 2 months, even used 2 different e-mail addresses. I didn't get any reply.

I then contacted the webmaster of the Inferno website (a guy named Lars) about 2 weeks ago, and I have yet to receive an answer.

Seems they don't want people to go?

I think i will book another hotel, the prices are high on the official hotel, i saw other hotels near the festival area on internet and i found cheaper hotels than the official one.