• Revelations

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

taz

New Metal Member
Aug 5, 2002
The Basement
Visit site
Recently was turned onto Edge of Sanity, which I've enjoyed very much. Then last week I came across a Dan Swano CD from his band (lineup I guess) Infestdead. Just him and Drette doing the vocals. Very good deathmetal CD. Just wondering if it is the only album from this lineup and if anyone can take a few moments to list some of the other deathmetal/metal projects Dan is involved with. I realize there are many, but just trying to find as much of it as I can. Thanks.

There were two other Infestdead recordings: Hellfuck, a full-length album from 1997, and the Killing Christ mini-album from 1996. These two releases can be found on one CD through Holy Invasion Records, and you can find it at Century Media or www.gemm.com They are both excellent recordings, although Jesusatan was by far the best Infestdead album there ever was...

Originally posted by taz
if anyone can take a few moments to list some of the other deathmetal/metal projects Dan is involved with. I realize there are many, but just trying to find as much of it as I can. Thanks.

Pan Thy Monium. 'Nuff said

There are
- Edge of Sanity
- Pan-Thy-Monium
- Infestdead
- Diabolical Maquerade [ BlackMetal of Blackheim with a few parts of Dan. Very good... ]
- Bloodbath
- Moontower [ Metal with 70s-Synthies, soft parts and growlings ]

and some bands in which Dan was involved as a Producer and other works like in Katatonia, The Project Hate MCMXCIX, Maceration [ never heard any song of this band...know anyone a page where I can download a song of Maceration ? ], Dissection,...

Originally posted by Sturmbringer
There are
- Edge of Sanity
- Pan-Thy-Monium
- Infestdead
- Diabolical Maquerade [ BlackMetal of Blackheim with a few parts of Dan. Very good... ]
- Bloodbath
- Moontower [ Metal with 70s-Synthies, soft parts and growlings ]

and some bands in which Dan was involved as a Producer and other works like in Katatonia, The Project Hate MCMXCIX, Maceration [ never heard any song of this band...know anyone a page where I can download a song of Maceration ? ], Dissection,...

Add ROUTE NINE to that list, which is probably my favorite metal project of Dan's PERIOD! Awesome stuff.

As for Maceration, I used to have the A Serenade Of Agony CD, and it was pretty good stuff: early 90's, American-style brutal death metal. Dan's vocals sounded especially good on it, but I just couldn't really get into it because the production was so godawful. Still worth owning if you are a Swano completist...

...how is the style of Route Nine ?
Like Odyssey ?

Where can I get Route Nine ?

Btw. I am a completist ;)
Search all Swanö-Stuff and Bands in which Mr. Swanö was involved...
In that way I have found the Band The Project Hate MCMXCIX :D

Originally posted by Sturmbringer
...how is the style of Route Nine ?
Like Odyssey ?

Where can I get Route Nine ?

ROUTE NINE?! Ah, man, I don't even know where to begin! It's DEFINITELY nothing like Odyssey. It's kinda like a mix between Meshuggah, Nasum and Necroticism-era Carcass at times, and Dan sings in more of a hardcore/punk voice. It sounds nothing like any of Dan's other projects. It's twisted, it's catchy, it's unbelievable stuff! It's only available directly from Dan for I believe $12 American, so drop him a line at dan@swano.com and he'll hook you up...

Thanks for the input. If I'm an Edge of Sanity/Infestdead fan, out of all these projects he has worked on, what would be the next thing I should move to (I prefer the death metal sound over black metal, etc). Thanks again!

Originally posted by taz
Thanks for the input. If I'm an Edge of Sanity/Infestdead fan, out of all these projects he has worked on, what would be the next thing I should move to (I prefer the death metal sound over black metal, etc). Thanks again!

Get the Moontower CD next, it is available at any self-respecting metal distro or online mailorder. If not, Dan also sells copies of this himself, so contact him if you don't come across it anywhere else. It's like a cross between slower Edge Of Sanity and 70's prog metal, and it fucking rules.

After that, maybe track down the Bloodbath EP, which can be found just about anywhere. That should get you started, and after that you could get the Route Nine or track down the Pan Thy Monium albums, although those are pretty tripped-out and weird, but great death metal albums none the less...

Originally posted by taz
Panthymonium: Dawn of dreams. This album is awesome!

Doucheman, I'll take your advice and look for the Moontower CD. I just noticed you come from The Miramichi!!! I played a lot of hockey there in my Junior days!!! Thanks for the input guys.

@yourdeadgroom: Yes, Dawn Of Dreams is a terrific album, but I prefer Khaaohs to it. DoD would be the best to start with if you're unfamiliar with PTM, though...

@taz: Look no further than www.theendrecords.com for your copy of MOONTOWER--it's only $11.00 including shipping and it will be in your mailbox within 8-10 days! And yes, I do indeed hail from the Miramichi (it fucking sucks here). You played Junior Hockey here? Where are you from, and what team did you play for?

Doucheman: I'm from Sussex, NB originally (no longer there) and played for their Junior team for a couple of years. Also played up in your neck of the woods through Bantam and Midget hockey on occassion, mostly tournaments.

Sussex, huh? Yeah, I've spent some time there over the years, but mainly it was just a "passing through" town on the way to Saint John years ago. It's actually not that bad here, but I spent 13 months living in London, Ontario and I miss so bad there it fucking hurts! :(

You miss London, Ontario? What a hole (I call it the earlobe of Ontario - it's absolutely useless)!!! I spent 4 years there for school and I'm so happy that I got out (good time with school, but the city sucks)!

Well, I guess it's not really the city of London itself that I miss, it's just Ontario in general, basically, which includes Toronto, the beaches, being close to the U.S. and just having so much shit to do all the time. London was all right, but if I went back to Ontario I wouldn't move back there...

Quick input:

Best Pan Thy Monium album is the newest and final one: Kahoos and Konfusion. Only 3 songs but they are all awesome! Dawn of Dreams is second best, the rest are all worth buying if you can find them as well. Great project of dark metal!

Route nine NOT AS GOOD as Doucheman has advertised. Hehe. Dan plays on it so of course it is good, but it shouldn't be compared to his other works in terms of quality and listening enjoyment.

All 3 Albums [Hellfuck+Killing Christ, Jesusatan] are now available at metalblade records, I think [ I've seen both digipackalbums at the metalbladestore in wacken ]. Both came out by metalblade. Before it was invasion records.

No longer carried by Metal blade. :( Looks like Gemm may be the only place to get Jesusatan huh? I'll keep looking for others.

I love the song titles on Hellfuck. Hehe. Does anyone have a tracklisting for Jesusatan?